What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Waist is smaller. I have more energy and am able to do more.

Awesome.

It's a vicious cycle either way you are going.
You drop a few pounds, you feel better, you eat better, you move more, you drop a few pounds, you feel better, you eat better......

Must be wary as it works the other way as well, and as with quitting smoking, the first 6 months is the easiest.
Once you start hitting your goals, it is easy to relax and think "I don't need to work so hard now"
So you eat more poorly, you move less, you gain a few pounds, you feel a bit more lethargic, you eat more poorly.......

Last week on new app.

So how are we supposed to read the screen? The first # is a percentage signifying what? the third # subtract the second # equals the forth #, so what do each of the columns signify?

Glad to see your totals in good shape. Even better on the waist reduction! Also, if your now feeling the best you have in a very long time it's only going to get better for you from here on out.

So how are we supposed to read the screen? The first # is a percentage signifying what? the third # subtract the second # equals the forth #, so what do each of the columns signify?

Glad to see your totals in good shape. Even better on the waist reduction! Also, if your now feeling the best you have in a very long time it's only going to get better for you from here on out.

TThat is why I wish myfitnesspal worked on my phone. The percents are based off a 3100 calorie diet. the

Email was sent to me from MyFitnessPal:

Hello,

My name is Steven and I work with the MyFitnessPal support team. I wanted to reach out you because you have previously written to our support channel indicating you have had trouble with the MyFitnessPal Windows Phone 8 app.

We have been working to solve these problems and have a beta build of our next release, Version 2.1.4, that we are hoping you would be willing to beta test. This version is focused heavily around resolving issues our members have been experiencing with the barcode scanner and the app continuously loading. It would be very helpful to get your feedback on anything with the new version, as well as help us obtain further information to fix current bugs.

If this is something that would interest you, let us know by replying and we will contact you in the next couple of days with more information and next steps to get you the beta version of the app.

Please fill out the beta test sign-up form at this link https://docs.google.com/a/myfitness...-ZL5C3VlapOWMMTH1hjV-MbviwbVp5UVFAC8/viewform

Thank you in advance and we look forward to testing the new version with you!

Cheers,
Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff

Email was sent to me from MyFitnessPal:

Hello,

My name is Steven and I work with the MyFitnessPal support team. I wanted to reach out you because you have previously written to our support channel indicating you have had trouble with the MyFitnessPal Windows Phone 8 app.

We have been working to solve these problems and have a beta build of our next release, Version 2.1.4, that we are hoping you would be willing to beta test. This version is focused heavily around resolving issues our members have been experiencing with the barcode scanner and the app continuously loading. It would be very helpful to get your feedback on anything with the new version, as well as help us obtain further information to fix current bugs.

If this is something that would interest you, let us know by replying and we will contact you in the next couple of days with more information and next steps to get you the beta version of the app.

Please fill out the beta test sign-up form at this link https://docs.google.com/a/myfitness...-ZL5C3VlapOWMMTH1hjV-MbviwbVp5UVFAC8/viewform

Thank you in advance and we look forward to testing the new version with you!

Cheers,
Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff

Dude...the fact that the service team is this responsive is a good thing...take the test! If you don't and you end up not liking 2.1,4, you've got no one to blame!

will be downloading it.

(Update: checked my outlook and sitting in my inbox was an invite to BETA 2.1.4. needless to say I downloaded it and so far no issues :eek:) )

Yesterday was 3487 of 3100.

Last edited:
It is great news. I am encouraged to now lose another 50. I would love to lose another 50 by the end of the year, but if I don't, its ok as long as I stay on my current track. Taking a couple days off from gym as I sprained my ankle Friday morning and don't want to hurt it more. Hoping by Monday I can hit the gym again.

Weighed in today. Down to 441. Lost 50 pounds since start!!

$Rocky-Steps.jpg

Awesome to see that MFP is working with you to help get your app correct, no harm no foul. Hopefully it's ironed out and works like you expect it to.

On to the best update. 50lbs! You broke a flat 50lbs and dropped waist size too. You sir are a complete and total bad ***! When the going got tuff you kicked it's butt. Keep at it champ, the next 50 is going to be way easier.

So let us know how it feels when you go to the market and haul a bag of dog food around. The positive reinforcement you'll get from walking the bag around then dropping it and walking around is gonna send you through the roof.

Last couple days:

Sunday 3073 of 3100

Monday 4014 of 3100. Would have been ok if I had not gone to the store hungry and not smelled donuts cooking...I bought a dozen and ate 6 of then through the day. (1080 calories just from donuts :blushing: ) I felt like poop by the evening. I called in family to help eat the rest and there was still 3 left (I left work today without eating anymore).

Lesson learned: Need to stay away from the store at 8am when they are making the donuts.

Kevdogg,
I found your thread because you mentioned it in the General Shaving forum, and I thought I would chime in. I haven't yet had time to read through the previous 1635 comments (maybe tonight after work). I just want to share that I have had trouble with my weight for many years. I have tried several times with moderate success to lose weight, but I've never found anything I could stick with for more than a couple months. In the past I've jogged, lifted weights, and used a treadmill. I've tried protein shakes, supplements, and calorie counting, and it's always proved to be too difficult to manage.

Last year, my doctor put me on medication for high blood pressure, and we had a discussion about my weight. I think I was about 335 lbs at the time (a personal high for me at the time). Over the following months, my weight pushed over 350 lbs and it didn't look like it was slowing down. I was seriously concerned and disheartened about my increasing weight, and I was just placing an order online for new clothes. I was moving on from the 3XL bracket to the 4XL on a new order of work shirts, since I could no longer button up a 3XL shirt across my belly. A real milestone of unhappiness.

Somewhere around 360 pounds I found a website that provides prepared meals and is basically a complete nutritional system designed for weight loss. This is what I signed up for and when I weighed myself this morning I was 253 pounds. So I've lost about 107 pounds since March 2014. This has been the most miraculous transformation for me, and I'm glad I've been able to find something I could stick with for going on 5 months now. It doesn't follow alot of the traditional rules of weight loss that I've been taught (I don't really exercise, and I don't count calories). But for me, it's the first time I've ever in my life been on a plan that worked without exercise.

The company is Personal Trainer Food, but I think there are several other companies out there that do the same thing. This is the one that matched a diet I could understand with a good price.

My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit, and I have a goal to be 215 pounds, which is the lightest I've ever been in my adult life. Actually, I was 225 when I was jogging at 19 years old, and I was only 215 after I was sick with diarrhea for 3 months, so maybe 225 is a more reasonable goal. I'm afraid now that to get under 250, and especially to hit 225, that I'll have to start exercising. This is a problem, because my current diet doesn't allow me any extra energy for exercise. I'm subsisting on about 1200 calories a day, and while I want to boost my metabolism and exercise, and build muscle, I will have to deviate from my successful diet to make that transition. Maybe I can add a morning jog, and only add about 300 calories to compensate, maybe in the form of a protein shake. I am familiar with those already.

Good luck moving forward! I will check back later probably, after I've read more about your story on the previous 82 pages. :thumbup:

--------
Edit:
Note: This is also what led me to B&B. I was about 2 months into the weight loss, and feeling so good about myself, that I decided maybe I could do something about my shaving problem, too. I found the forum, changed to wet shaving and DE, and I've been continuing my journey of learning and improvement thanks to the encouragement from the folks here.

Last edited:
Kevdogg,
I found your thread because you mentioned it in the General Shaving forum, and I thought I would chime in. I haven't yet had time to read through the previous 1635 comments (maybe tonight after work). I just want to share that I have had trouble with my weight for many years. I have tried several times with moderate success to lose weight, but I've never found anything I could stick with for more than a couple months. In the past I've jogged, lifted weights, and used a treadmill. I've tried protein shakes, supplements, and calorie counting, and it's always proved to be too difficult to manage.

Last year, my doctor put me on medication for high blood pressure, and we had a discussion about my weight. I think I was about 335 lbs at the time (a personal high for me at the time). Over the following months, my weight pushed over 350 lbs and it didn't look like it was slowing down. I was seriously concerned and disheartened about my increasing weight, and I was just placing an order online for new clothes. I was moving on from the 3XL bracket to the 4XL on a new order of work shirts, since I could no longer button up a 3XL shirt across my belly. A real milestone of unhappiness.

Somewhere around 360 pounds I found a website that provides prepared meals and is basically a complete nutritional system designed for weight loss. This is what I signed up for and when I weighed myself this morning I was 253 pounds. So I've lost about 107 pounds since March 2014. This has been the most miraculous transformation for me, and I'm glad I've been able to find something I could stick with for going on 5 months now. It doesn't follow alot of the traditional rules of weight loss that I've been taught (I don't really exercise, and I don't count calories). But for me, it's the first time I've ever in my life been on a plan that worked without exercise.

The company is Personal Trainer Food, but I think there are several other companies out there that do the same thing. This is the one that matched a diet I could understand with a good price.

My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit, and I have a goal to be 215 pounds, which is the lightest I've ever been in my adult life. Actually, I was 225 when I was jogging at 19 years old, and I was only 215 after I was sick with diarrhea for 3 months, so maybe 225 is a more reasonable goal. I'm afraid now that to get under 250, and especially to hit 225, that I'll have to start exercising. This is a problem, because my current diet doesn't allow me any extra energy for exercise. I'm subsisting on about 1200 calories a day, and while I want to boost my metabolism and exercise, and build muscle, I will have to deviate from my successful diet to make that transition. Maybe I can add a morning jog, and only add about 300 calories to compensate, maybe in the form of a protein shake. I am familiar with those already.

Good luck moving forward! I will check back later probably, after I've read more about your story on the previous 82 pages. :thumbup:

--------
Edit:
Note: This is also what led me to B&B. I was about 2 months into the weight loss, and feeling so good about myself, that I decided maybe I could do something about my shaving problem, too. I found the forum, changed to wet shaving and DE, and I've been continuing my journey of learning and improvement thanks to the encouragement from the folks here.

Congrats to you too ... that's fantastic. No matter how we get there, the important part is we get there.

Kevdogg,

--------
Edit:

We are glad to have you! here!

As far as my journey goes, I know that I cannot do a 1200 calorie a day diet. My ultimate goal is 230, something I have not seen since I was 10. I realize it took me years to get to my starting weight of 491, so It is going to take me time to get down to my ideal weight. As I lose the weight, I have been more active and am able to do more at home/church. Others are noticing a difference in me as well. Recently I had someone say to me I looked like I was getting around a lot better than I was a year prior. I also have goals set for each 50lb lost, and am motivated to keep going after hitting first goal Saturday. I am human and have rough patches, and am coming out of one currently, but I am still fighting for this, because I want this. I know that I need to make my focus ~2500 calories a day instead of the 3100 calories it is.

Kevin,
I'm proud of you my friend. Always remember that your goal is to take your life back. The weight you are taking off now is likely adding actual years to your life. I wouldn't be surprised if you've already gotten back a couple years that you wouldn't have had otherwise. Keep it up and remember to keep setting small goals and be proud as you accomplish each thing you couldn't do before. Never forget what it felt like carrying that extra 50 pounds and what a struggle it made life every day. I'm sure that I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know but congratulations on your progress and keep up the good work.

Top Bottom