What's new

Kevdogg's inspirational Weight Loss thread

Kev,

on top of calorie counts...be nice to see daily workouts if you have the time to post em.

you know better than anyone how you feel and how much you burn working out!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Will try to post more when I get back from my trip. Been eating healthier here but have not tracked calories.

Dear Kevin,
I went back a few pages just to see what you and the guys posted. You said that you don't cook and what you do cook is unhealthy. Also, you said you are dependent upon what your wife brings home from the store. Healthy eating can be done on the cheap and it doesn't have to include celery sticks and wheat grass. Tonight I am making "Bean Soup." It is more like a soupy turkey chili. It has everything in it that I think you would like. Very healthy, filling and delicious. It has all canned beans, corn and tomatoes(dump and stir recipe). It makes a lot and the cost per serving is about $1.50. I'll post the recipe sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Please go check it out. This is just one of many recipes that can be made on the cheap and we all need to know what those are. Please make me a list of all the meats, veggies and fruit you like. Let's come up with something for you.

Your friend,
Aaron

Aaron,

Appreciate the thought.

I am mainly a beef, chicken , bacon eater.

Some of what I eat:
Beef
Chicken
Bacon
Potato many ways
Corn
Peas
Pizza
Lettuce
Spinach when raw
Cheese
Ranch
Bread
Beef stew
Lasagna
Burgers
Pasta

Just to name a few

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron,

Appreciate the thought.

Some of what I eat:
Beef
Chicken
Bacon
Potato many ways
Corn
Peas
Pizza
Lettuce
Spinach when raw
Cheese
Ranch
Bread
Beef stew
Lasagna
Burgers
Pasta

Just to name a few

Ah, yes perfect. Thank you for posting. Kevin I will work on something just for you and me. Ha, for all I know maybe I've already posted something.
Yes I have, check this out

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/379763-What-s-Cooking-2014?p=6752530#post6752530
post #312.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aaron,

Appreciate the thought.

Some of what I eat:
Beef
Chicken
Bacon
Potato many ways
Corn
Peas
Pizza
Lettuce
Spinach when raw
Cheese
Ranch
Bread
Beef stew
Lasagna
Burgers
Pasta

Just to name a few

Good, what about these:?

Black olives
Green Onion(scallions)
White or yellow onion
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms
Avocado
Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower
Pinto Beans
Black Beans
Navy beans
Rice
eggs
Bell Pepper
Jalapenos

copy and paste taking out the ones you Don't like leaving the others.

Aaron

I have got my eye on you Kev.

Here's a few extra if you need one!

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Cheap and easy:

Roasted vegetables.

1 large potato
1 large sweet potato
4 carrots
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 white onion
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 450. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces. Cut carrots similar in size to potatoes. Cut 1/2 onion into large slices. Peel garlic and smash....leave whole or cut in half. Throw every thing into a large casserole dish and coat with olive oil just enough to cover. Add salt and pepper. Thyme or rosemary is a good addition. Stir everything around coating veggies with oil. Put in to a 450 degree oven covered with foil for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.

I add Brussel sprouts and bell pepper to mine but use at least the above ingredients for a tasty side dish.

Try it you'll like it.

One of my friends really doesn't eat veggies at all. He loves this dish though and I make it for him when he comes over.

Cheap and easy:

Roasted vegetables.

1 large potato
1 large sweet potato
4 carrots
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 white onion
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 450. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces. Cut carrots similar in size to potatoes. Cut 1/2 onion into large slices. Peel garlic and smash....leave whole or cut in half. Throw every thing into a large casserole dish and coat with olive oil just enough to cover. Add salt and pepper. Thyme or rosemary is a good addition. Stir everything around coating veggies with oil. Put in to a 450 degree oven covered with foil for about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.

I add Brussel sprouts and bell pepper to mine but use at least the above ingredients for a tasty side dish.

Try it you'll like it.

One of my friends really doesn't eat veggies at all. He loves this dish though and I make it for him when he comes over.

Love me some roasted veggies. I used to despise Brussel Sprouts but now am a huge fan when done in a similar fashion

been oscillating.

Calories have been up, along with excercise.

I weighed in Monday at 441, so I did lose weight on my trip :thumbup:. My claories last couple of days have been over.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I did overeat calorie wise on the trip, but did a LOT of walking and some swimming, so I actually was stable. I need to get back into a home routine, and not allow the negative workplace stress me out. I did get to the Gym tuesday and walked 20 minutes, 200 crunches, 30 leg presses @ 130lbs, 40 hip abductors at 200lbs, and ~10 min on stationary bike. Plan on going again Friday or Saturday night after work.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Love me some roasted veggies. I used to despise Brussel Sprouts but now am a huge fan when done in a similar fashion

Thanks Chris. Something else I have discovered is spaghetti squash. It's not what you think. It looks like spaghetti but has a taste and texture like potatoes just a tad bit sweeter. I great cheap veggie that is so easy to make its not even funny. Most people who try this veggie are completely blown away.

How about you Kevin? Does any of the above sound like something you would be willing to at least try?

been oscillating.

I weighed in Monday at 441, so I did lose weight on my trip :thumbup:. My claories last couple of days have been over.

I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I did overeat calorie wise on the trip, but did a LOT of walking and some swimming, so I actually was stable. I need to get back into a home routine, and not allow the negative workplace stress me out. I did get to the Gym tuesday and walked 20 minutes, 200 crunches, 30 leg presses @ 130lbs, 40 hip abductors at 200lbs, and ~10 min on stationary bike. Plan on going again Friday or Saturday night after work.

Keep up the good work, it's time to refocus now!

Thanks Chris. Something else I have discovered is spaghetti squash. It's not what you think. It looks like spaghetti but has a taste and texture like potatoes just a tad bit sweeter. I great cheap veggie that is so easy to make its not even funny. Most people who try this veggie are completely blown away.

How about you Kevin? Does any of the above sound like something you would be willing to at least try?

I highly recommend spaghetti squash as well. Even my oldest daughter really likes it and she has always despised vegetables. Of course, my youngest, who enjoys many veggies, did not like it lol.

I haven't been following your progress lately, but glad to see you are still going strong!

been oscillating.

Go Kev Go!

update:

been fighting to get back on track. Went to the gym last night, and was under my total for the first time in a long time (~2000 calories). Trying to get back on track. I do have my wife behind me, and pushing me to the gym more (her idea for me to go last night).

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
update:

been fighting to get back on track. Went to the gym last night, and was under my total for the first time in a long time (~2000 calories). Trying to get back on track. I do have my wife behind me, and pushing me to the gym more (her idea for me to go last night).

Little triggers help. My trigger is to go get my shoes on...even when I don't feel like working out. Once I get that done it helps with the next step.

update:

Good to see you are getting back and fighting hard! Keep it up and stay strong.

update:

Hey Kev! You're already back on track bro! You went to the gym, got under your totals and posted to your support group!

Bravo brother...just take it one day at a time

Top Bottom