What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I guess it depends on what you paid for shipping,what type of shipping, and if the seller had extenuating circumstances.

Cordially,
Adam

Shipping was $3.21, First Class Package Services with USPS and I have no way of knowing whether the seller has extenuating circumstances since they never responded to my two emails.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Shipping was $3.21, First Class Package Services with USPS and I have no way of knowing whether the seller has extenuating circumstances since they never responded to my two emails.
That would make me upset that they didn't respond back. It could be that usps lost it for a while. The important thing for me would be getting the razor. The bright side is that you didn't pay for 3 day shipping and still don't have it many days later.
I sent one once that sat in Cleveland for like 8 days. I had to file a missing mail report just to get it moving again. It was frustrating.

Adam

A lot is waiting to be delivered now :)

8. Wizamet Junior (6 pieces :))

13. Wilkinson Sword Contact (it's cartridge razor but really cool)

What's a Wizamet Junior? That sounds interesting. Also, I discovered some Lady Wilkinson cartridges at a nearby Big Lots and bought every pack they had for about $3.50/each (8x3-blade razors). My girlfriend loves them :001_cool:

Here's what I bought this am:

From Italian Barber:

1. RazoRock essential oil of lime shaving soap
2. IB Sandalwood soap for sensitive skin
3. La Toja shave stick
4. 2 x IB Amici shaving soap (gifts)
5. Rapira Swedish Super Steel
6. Rapira Platinum Lux

From Maggard's:

2 x 24mm synthetic with marble handle

From Amazon:

Satin Tip The Purest black synthetic

- Kiss My Face Cool Mint shave cream
- Kiss My Face Natural Man shave cream (new product from KMF)
- Thayers Original Witch Hazel

Just opened a box of Harry's blades today. Got a new stand, a100 pack of Astra SP's and a synthetic brush on the way. I also just ordered my first shavette too. It's an equinox international or something like that with 100 derby blades. I couldn't help myself. I gotta try this straight razor thing out.

Last edited:
I did not buy it.It is a gift from a friend for my birthday, that will be a couple of days :001_smile

proxy.php

Christmas in July is about over for me, so it will be a few months of gentlemanly restraint. Made my most recent purchase today from Maggards. They got in the Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream, so a tub of that along with a couple of samples of the ASB to go along with. Already have 10 samples and an Ikon X3 on the way from them...and a couple of Gillette SuperSpeeds, a 53 for me and a 55 Flare Tip for my dad, (birth year razor), along with a few more items. 1 package from Taylor of Old Bond Street (tub of the new Aloe Shaving Cream, tubes of Grapefruit and Cocounut)...two Semogue brushes (830 and a SOC)...I'm about done. Well, aside from a possible Henckels Friodur Straight...

I ordered stirling lemon chill soap and the wintergreen with witch hazel and aloe aftershave

Last edited:
I did not buy it.Won today at Wolf Whiskers in lottery, but the brush gets a Shavemac Knot.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

photos with permission of Peter Wolf

That would make me upset that they didn't respond back. It could be that usps lost it for a while. The important thing for me would be getting the razor. The bright side is that you didn't pay for 3 day shipping and still don't have it many days later.
I sent one once that sat in Cleveland for like 8 days. I had to file a missing mail report just to get it moving again. It was frustrating.

Adam

Ok. So I came back from vacation and opened up the package with the razor. And now I have another reason to be ticked. There is a crack in the handle which was not visible in the pictures and which was never mentioned in the description. It is a small crack and I realize it does not effect it's ability to deliver a decent shave but I would not have stepped up to buy it had I known it had a crack in the handle. There are tons of razors on the bay and etsy that have cracked handles and I have no interest in them. Had I know this had a crack I would not have bought it. I've sent the seller an email saying that his pictures and description did not mention the crack and that I would not have bought it had I known it had the crack. Let's see what he says.

KeenDogg

View attachment 677904

Here's a picture of the crack. Small I know, but a crack none the less.
I would ask for at least a partial refund depending upon how much you paid. I have found asking for additional pictures to be helpful. If it bugs you, try for a full refund.

I bought a New Standard once that came in with a name scratched in the bottom of the case. It was a good deal, even though I never was made aware of J.Dingan's scribble. I also bought an oxford set that had a cracked handle. I didn't know it had a crack. There again, I got a good deal, and lived with the crack. The seller may not have even looked at the razor before selling it to me.

I guess it's all in if you can live with the crack for what you paid for it. It's a nice razor and the crack can be fixed if need be. There's a few different threads on doing so.

Good luck brother,
Adam

I would ask for at least a partial refund depending upon how much you paid. I have found asking for additional pictures to be helpful. If it bugs you, try for a full refund.

I bought a New Standard once that came in with a name scratched in the bottom of the case. It was a good deal, even though I never was made aware of J.Dingan's scribble. I also bought an oxford set that had a cracked handle. I didn't know it had a crack. There again, I got a good deal, and lived with the crack. The seller may not have even looked at the razor before selling it to me.

I guess it's all in if you can live with the crack for what you paid for it. It's a nice razor and the crack can be fixed if need be. There's a few different threads on doing so.

Good luck brother,
Adam

I hear you Adam. His description said: "Very nice Gillette open comb safety razor. Looks to be a Bostonian gold plating is in need of replating but other than that it functions as it should" He has a Tuckaway for sale as well and he mentions a small crack on the handle of that razor in his description. So I just assumed that there wasn't one on this razor since he didn't mention one. Let's see if he replies to my email. I'm sure I'll hear from him. I'd be receptive to reduction in the price or I'd also be happy to return it to him with the little goodies he sent with it. We'll see...

This just happened.

I'm new to DE shaving and have been wanting one of these..........as it's payday, I went for it!

proxy.php

Got a "seconds" G12 and saved me $25.00

I'm happy.

KeenDogg

I hear you Adam. His description said: "Very nice Gillette open comb safety razor. Looks to be a Bostonian gold plating is in need of replating but other than that it functions as it should" He has a Tuckaway for sale as well and he mentions a small crack on the handle of that razor in his description. So I just assumed that there wasn't one on this razor since he didn't mention one. Let's see if he replies to my email. I'm sure I'll hear from him. I'd be receptive to reduction in the price or I'd also be happy to return it to him with the little goodies he sent with it. We'll see...
So Did he send you the Bostonian or the tuckaway?
proxy.php
Tuckaway

proxy.php
Bostonian

It looks to me you have the tuckaway there, but I'm no expert.

Adam

KeenDogg

This just happened.

I'm new to DE shaving and have been wanting one of these..........as it's payday, I went for it!

proxy.php

Got a "seconds" G12 and saved me $25.00

I'm happy.
Nice, I have yet to dabble in scuttles.

Adam

So Did he send you the Bostonian or the tuckaway?
proxy.php
Tuckaway

proxy.php
Bostonian

It looks to me you have the tuckaway there, but I'm no expert.

Adam

You know, you are correct. He sent me the wrong razor. You have good eyes. I was so blinded by seeing the crack that I didn't even check to see if it matched the pictures, which it doesn't. I'd prefer a Bostonian without a crack to a Tuckaway with a crack.

Top Bottom