What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

It's after midnight so technically it's a new day :) I ordered the V3 & V3A razor heads from Maggard, along with a black satin tip bronze handle synthetic brush. Yeeeeah, they suckered me with a coupon.

Mudder Focker AS. Didn't need an AS nor intended to buy one, but today Pasteur Pharmacy/NYC didn't have any of what I had gone for. The MF smelled great! Couldn't leave empty handed!

NICE :w00t: There's not one store anywhere near me that I could walk in and purchase anything artisan made. I would be there all the time. :001_smile

I took my 5-yr old grand-daughter to see "Goldilock & the Three Bears" at the Great AZ Puppet Theater in Phoenix today. We got an early enough start & made good enough time driving up from Sahuarita/Tucson that I decided to stop by WSP as it's literally less than 5 minutes off I-10. Nice chance to actually smell a test sample of the soaps before I got them (and had my grand-daughter there who volunteered to be my approval authority!)

I ended up with a tin of Rustic Shaving Soap (Citrus Blend) and another of the Formula T (Matterhorn) (I wanted to try both the vegan-based and a tallow-based versions.) They also gave me a sample of a new hand soap they're making, but I don't know much more than that about it.)

Not able to try them out tonight, though. Spending the night in Phoenix & just brought the electric razor for speed this time. (yes, I know... nowhere near as good as w/ the DE, but it'll get me through the day.)

Attachments

• $WSP Rustic Shaving Soap (CItrus Blast), Formula T (Matterhorn), & new hand soap.jpg
    $WSP Rustic Shaving Soap (CItrus Blast), Formula T (Matterhorn), & new hand soap.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 98
I placed a refill order for Osage Rub from Amazon.

I had half a bottle left, but I gave it a way to a friend who is dealing with 90+ heat and no air conditioning.

- Picked up 2 of each GEM blade offered by TryABlade.Com (8 blades total)
- Won an I1 Schick Injector with white handle on The Bay.

It looks like it will shine up nicely. I am unsure on what makes it a Bostonian. I know sometimes a case makes a razor a set. Like, for instance, my NEW LC is only an oxford set because it has that case.

Post some pics of the clean up!

Adam

I'm not sure if this is the place for this but its been a while since I posted pictures of the Bostonian I bought on Etsy. Here it is July 27 and I still don't have it. I paid for the item on July 19. The USPS tracking info says that they only received pre-shipment info on July 21 but it didn't arrive at the USPS until July 26. Apparently it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, July 28. I'm glad to know that it is on its way but I had emailed the seller twice, first when I didn't see any indication that the shipping process had even started and then again during the gap between pre-shipment info and actual receipt of the package at the USPS. He did not respond to either email. I should add that I also bought a similar vintage gold Gillette razor blade holder to go with the Bostonian from the bay on July 24 and it has arrived today. My question is am I right to be a little perturbed at the slow pace of shipping my razor and the lack of response to my inquiries or am I just impatient and getting all bent out of shape for nothing? Sometimes I need things put in perspective as I lose the forest for the trees.

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm not sure if this is the place for this but its been a while since I posted pictures of the Bostonian I bought on Etsy. Here it is July 27 and I still don't have it. I paid for the item on July 19. The USPS tracking info says that they only received pre-shipment info on July 21 but it didn't arrive at the USPS until July 26. Apparently it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, July 28. I'm glad to know that it is on its way but I had emailed the seller twice, first when I didn't see any indication that the shipping process had even started and then again during the gap between pre-shipment info and actual receipt of the package at the USPS. He did not respond to either email. I should add that I also bought a similar vintage gold Gillette razor blade holder to go with the Bostonian from the bay on July 24 and it has arrived today. My question is am I right to be a little perturbed at the slow pace of shipping my razor and the lack of response to my inquiries or am I just impatient and getting all bent out of shape for nothing? Sometimes I need things put in perspective as I lose the forest for the trees.
I guess it depends on what you paid for shipping,what type of shipping, and if the seller had extenuating circumstances.

Cordially,
Adam

Top Bottom