What's new

An old bottle of ink.

I am looking for a Pen and this is the reason why:
A few years back my mother (who works in a school) brought this Big bottle home.
$Fles.jpg
It Has a a nice deep bleu colour. Anyone knows anything about it?

A detail picture.
$Flesdet.jpg

Dries

Could you post a picture of a writing sample .. how it looks once dry. If the bottle is open of course :)

Very interesting! Not familiar with the brand, but I suspect it's what's called an "iron gall" ink, which is waterproof, indelible, and will change color from a blue-black to a black as it dries and ages. Before loading it in a pen, you should double-check to make sure there's no sediment, sludge, or mold that could contaminate a pen. Iron gall inks can be a little fussy and mildly corrosive, so they shouldn't be left unused in a pen for more than a couple of weeks to avoid clogging.

Could you post a picture of a writing sample .. how it looks once dry. If the bottle is open of course :)

The Only use if the Inkt i have is over 5 months old. Made this with a brush and a Dipping pen.
Not my best work. (Honestly it is actually my best but my handwriting is terrible and I can't draw. :whistling:)
$Pen.jpg

Very interesting! Not familiar with the brand, but I suspect it's what's called an "iron gall" ink, which is waterproof, indelible, and will change color from a blue-black to a black as it dries and ages. Before loading it in a pen, you should double-check to make sure there's no sediment, sludge, or mold that could contaminate a pen. Iron gall inks can be a little fussy and mildly corrosive, so they shouldn't be left unused in a pen for more than a couple of weeks to avoid clogging.
Is did once store a small amount in a Metal container and forgot about it. It completely Changed colour and was useless. The ink became sort off brown.

Dries

Last edited:
Top Bottom