What's new

Help! Pipe Tobacco Scent

Synergy (How to Grow a Moustache) Cavendish scent is a very popular pipe tobacco type scent, or maybe Barrister & Mann's ROAM now that it appears to be back in stock.
I haven't tried either scent but both fit what you are looking for and both are from companies that produce some really great soaps.

Also, the Captain by Tiki soaps is a pipe smoke and cherry one that maybe you'll like as well.

I've tried a few over the years and not many smelled like actual tobacco (usually they smell like a cherry flavored blend).

I hear good things about htgam briar but haven't tried it. I had a puck of B&M roam, and didn't care for it. It had quite a lot going on, but I didn't get much of a
Tobacco smell

I had a sample of B&M Roam and I did not smell any tobacco. All I smelled was a smoky campfire. I did not care for that particular scent.

yes, HTGAM cavendish is quite nice; however, it's eclipsed by its brother item, the aftershave tonic, which is outstanding.
i have also tried TFS tobacco verde intenso, and was disappointed by faint scent; perhaps I had a bad puck.

$brandt synergy cavendish kent jan 23 2014 b.jpg

$TFS LP9 Filarmonica Jan 6 2014-7712s.jpg

yes, HTGAM cavendish is quite nice; however, it's eclipsed by its brother item, the aftershave tonic, which is outstanding.
i didn't know there is a cavendish aftershave, i gotta have one!
I LOVE Synergy Cavendish scent! The soap itself is not my top choice but the scent is pure heaven (i don't know if is allow to smoke pipe up there, i just hope)

I had a sample of B&M Roam and I did not smell any tobacco. All I smelled was a smoky campfire. I did not care for that particular scent.

If memory serves me correctly, it sounds like you and I have similar scent preferences. (Not just about Roam, but other posts of yours regarding scents that I recall.)

Thanks for the quick scent review, I think maybe I'll take that one off of my wish list as I'm not looking for smokey campfire either.
The scent just sounded so nice on their website.

What pipe tobacco are you looking for/enjoy? Certainly a dark English with lots of latakia smells much different than a balkan with lots of orientals, which are different smelling than something that is Virginia forward. And thats just some of the non-aromatics. I only enjoy those and haven't quite found anything that really does it.

SS Baker Street is a nice scent, though mild/medium, but isn't all tobacco forward. I have yet to smell anything that directly makes my mind go "Balkan Sobranie", "Three Nuns", or "GL Pease Westminster".

What pipe tobacco are you looking for/enjoy? Certainly a dark English with lots of latakia smells much different than a balkan with lots of orientals, which are different smelling than something that is Virginia forward. And thats just some of the non-aromatics. I only enjoy those and haven't quite found anything that really does it.

SS Baker Street is a nice scent, though mild/medium, but isn't all tobacco forward. I have yet to smell anything that directly makes my mind go "Balkan Sobranie", "Three Nuns", or "GL Pease Westminster".

All true, but I've never encountered a soap that even smelled much like tobacco, let alone the nuances
Of different varieties. But if someone came up with a Haddo's Delight scent...

Synergy's Cavendish definitely fits the bill for me and is a great performer to boot. It doesn't have a smoky quality at all.

I'm not that well versed in tobacco scents as I'm not a pipe smoker myself. But, from what I have smelled, Synergy's Cavendish smells like loose leaf cavendish scented tobacco.

I enjoy three: Synergy Cavendish, PPF Briar, and Tiki Bar The Captain. All three are very easy to lather and have a great scent, but I'm learning toward Tiki Bar for cushion and slickness of the lather. You can't go wrong with any of them. I'm also enjoying Cavendish aftershave with all three, and if I want to go all the way, a little Madame Scodioli Laudanum (tobacco + black tea) cologne.

Razorock has a Zi' Peppino Green Tobacco soap.

Zi' Peppino Green Tobacco is scented after the tobacco flower, not the cured tobacco leaves.

I made that "mistake" too when I bought it. Turns out to be a lovely scent in its own right. There's a lot of familiar players in the scent ingredient breakdown: Benzyl Benzoate, Tricyclodecandimethanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cendrenyl Acetate, Rectified Texas Cedarwood Essential Oil, Alpha-Iso-Methylionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Buthylphenyl Methylpropional.

As to a straight up tobacco scent, the only one I've used so far is Straight Razor Designs. It has only tobacco extract for the scent. But I find it to be kind of like MWF in that it takes a long time to load and a long time to build into a nice lather. It's a glycerin soap.

I can pick out tobacco clearly in B&M's Roam, but there are other scents present that give it an outdoorsy campfire note.

Stirling is has a tobacco soap in the works as soon as the supplier gets more tobacco extract in stock.

I'm ordering Tiki Shave Soap from Amanda on Etsy and she has "The Captain" scent down as:

The Captain: Knows what he wants. Bold, distinctive, unforgettable. A blend of pipe smoke, cherries, ozone, and molten lava.

I'm interested to say the least regarding this soap! maybe someone else can chime in about the scent?

Top Bottom