What's new

Beard Suggestions

I know a thread about growing a beard on a shaving forum is a bit backwards but here goes.

A friend and I have just agreed to have a beard growing competition for the simple reason that were students and this is the only time we may be able to get away with lots of facial hair. I'm looking for suggestions on what may be a good sort of beard to win a competition with. I'm completely clean shaven with short sideburns so my face is a blank canvas

Cheers,

what KIND of contest?

- who can grow one the fastest?
- whose is most full/best coverage?
- wildest design?
- whose will birds nest in first (can't remember that commercial right now)
- which of you will become honorary ZZ Top member first?

the direction of the contest will best help the advisors :cool:

Well to start off, I would not shave for a while. Having a beard is something of a prerequisite for any further beard styling.

You could always go with the 10 year old playing with his dad's shaving cream route and sculpt some different varieties on your shaven face and decide which you like best.

spiffy

what KIND of contest?

- who can grow one the fastest?
- whose is most full/best coverage?
- wildest design?
- whose will birds nest in first (can't remember that commercial right now)
- which of you will become honorary ZZ Top member first?

the direction of the contest will best help the advisors :cool:

Were going for the most stylish beard after 6 weeks. We think at least 50% of the face covered is a must, which makes me lean towards mutton chop sideburns as one option. After about three weeks I would say I have a a decently thick beard coverage so thats how long I will give it before any sort of styling can begin

Cheers,

I have a friend who in high school and college would wash his hair with dog shampoo, because it would make his hair grow longer, faster....not sure if that's true, but he DOES currently have really long hair - he always plays Jesus in our church dramas :001_smile, and it did seem to get really long pretty quick back then.....

as far as style, I don't think anyone is willing to bad-mouth "The Chuck" :lol:

I mean, seriously, you can't beat Chuck Norris' beard - it beats you!

of course, if you were just going for mustache....

proxy.php

The 4th one from the top left SHOULD be called a "Lemmy" to avoid confusion and shoud be enhanced by a couple of huge "facial accents".

I saw a video of David Bowie from around 1972, and his bass player had a hybrid of the Hulihee and the French Fork goin'... and he had dyed it gray. Now that was a fashion statement. :thumbup1:

This is my personal favorite. I'd really like to grow one, but unfortunately my facial hair isn't quite mature enough to pull it off.

Top Bottom