What's new

Asheville NC meet up

proxy.php

Who wants to win this? Come to Asheville.

Prizes just keep coming in and they are getting awesome! Thank you captains choice!

Last edited:
We are glad to contribute Rick. I hear it is like a party where a shaving event broke out. But you left something out. I just packed the box and it is full of sample packs that are mixed and matched. Each small plastic bag has a vial of one of our aftershaves and a small sample of our RazoRock for Captain's Choice shaving soap. These are free to the first twenty guys so don't be late.

(In my best Monte Hall impersonation) But wait... there is MORE!

In addition to the free bottle of North pictured above to be raffled off I also sent a bottle of:

proxy.php

And even MORE YET!!

Yes, the one that started it all - there is also a free bottle of our well known bay rum to be raffled off:

proxy.php

Hehe. AmaZing sir!!! Thank you!!! I was going to surprise folks with samples. ;) this is awesome and going to please a lot of folks.

Hey Rick,

Wish I could make it but I have to work that weekend. How about moving it to the following weekend, May 3. I could make it then.

Too many people already have arranged to be there the 26th. You do seem pretty sick though like may need a day off around the 26th to get better.

This is getting HUGE. It's on several forums and facebook groups and we have several people coming from all over the country to come in and help make this a big success.
The vendors donating prizes keeps increasing and the donations will floor you!
It's challenging to keep track of all the separate places so I'm centralizing it all into one location.

http://ashevillewetshavers.weebly.com/

You're killing me Rick! This looks awesome and it still doesn't look like I'll be able to make it.

I thought the last meet up was great but it sounds like this one is going to blow it away! I would encourage everyone that is even thinking about attending to DO IT!!! It's great camaraderie, very informative and even if you don't think you're interested in straight razors...you are. :wink2:

I live in Asheville, but am still new to DE shaving and to this group. I haven't made the jump to straight razors yet.

I live in Asheville, but am still new to DE shaving and to this group. I haven't made the jump to straight razors yet.

So come and learn all about it. You could win a new brush or cream or who knows. Also there's a barber down the street giving straight shaves if you would like to try one.
Hey

I don't know that I'm ready to make the switch to straights either. I enjoy my DE shaves and have had a couple straight shaves from a barber in the past that I enjoyed. Count me in for now. I'd like to get a trip to the hills and I'm sure I could convince the LOTH that it's worth it. Hoping nothing changes.

-Miller

I don't know that I'm ready to make the switch to straights either. I enjoy my DE shaves and have had a couple straight shaves from a barber in the past that I enjoyed. Count me in for now. I'd like to get a trip to the hills and I'm sure I could convince the LOTH that it's worth it. Hoping nothing changes.

-Miller

Even if straights aren't your thing you will learn more about them, maybe learn about a new cream, soap or brush as well. Who knows? You could go home with some new stuff for your den! And you will meet some great people. Unless that Rick guy is there.... Ignore him.

Sorry about the broken record thing (or is it beating a dead horse?), but my interest in straights is very low (not zero, but close to it). How 'bout if we have something for the DE shavers?
We could have a blade-flipping seminar ...:001_unsur

Or perhaps something more useful, like a session on re-knotting a vintage brush.

I like both the lather building session and the straight-wielding barber (do I need a reservation?)

It is in my calendar, so despite my kvetching, I plan to be there.

Also, how do we get the message out to other Carolinians? There are several on the board who probably do not know about this event.

Sorry about the broken record thing (or is it beating a dead horse?), but my interest in straights is very low (not zero, but close to it). How 'bout if we have something for the DE shavers?
We could have a blade-flipping seminar ...:001_unsur

Or perhaps something more useful, like a session on re-knotting a vintage brush.

I like both the lather building session and the straight-wielding barber (do I need a reservation?)

It is in my calendar, so despite my kvetching, I plan to be there.

Also, how do we get the message out to other Carolinians? There are several on the board who probably do not know about this event.

Any DE shaver is obviously more than welcome. I don't know much about them and lack any excitement over them. But have at it.
Any other Carolinians whether on this board or not please share the link or direct them to me.
Ashevillewetshavers.weebly.com
Also as more de shavers attend more things open up for them.

I am sorry to admit I don't check this sub-forum very often and would have missed this post without knowing Rick. If one signs up on the Asheville NC wet shavers meet, will they receive additional information like where the event physically takes place and some kind of rough schedule? I am curious if it is really a two day affair with same things repeated, or whether there is a core 4 hour period, bookend-ed by other activities, etc.

I am sorry to admit I don't check this sub-forum very often and would have missed this post without knowing Rick. If one signs up on the Asheville NC wet shavers meet, will they receive additional information like where the event physically takes place and some kind of rough schedule? I am curious if it is really a two day affair with same things repeated, or whether there is a core 4 hour period, bookend-ed by other activities, etc.

The second day will be a little more lax. More one on one and possibly more advanced stuff.

There will be a schedule however it is being created and will be a guide. The guys doing instruction are there for you, the member, and will adapt to the crowd. More and more DE shavers are coming so that changes things, for example. For the good, for them.

If things need to be repeated the second day for clarification and further in-depth instruction, they will. However, that's not the plan. Additionally there will be much time either day to get that one on one someone may desire.

Hope to see you there!

Ashevillewetshavers.weebly.com

Top Bottom