What's new

Breville tea pot

Has anyone bought or consider buying a BREVILLE ONE TOUCH teamaker? I know that they are expensive. But, would I be better off spending my money on something cheaper but just as effective?I need all of you to give me your input. Thanks.

I have a similar device called the zarafina. Totally unnecessary, but very cool and convenient. I bought one for house, one for office, and one just in case.

Another member commented on this years ago, I thought there was more commentary but it looks like a single post: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
I view it as a time saver if trying to multitask, for instance to save time while getting ready in the morning or cooking a meal in the evening. Otherwise it looks like a luxury item that is not so necessary, as it does not really improve the final result (in contrast to coffee where spending more to get a better grinder or brewing machine is more apparent.)

Breville's one touch tea maker will generally fail fairly soon after warrantee. Good luck, in general, finding a worthwhile tea kettle that will last more than a couple of years while looking nice and being multifunctional.

I have a Bonavita gooseneck, I LOVE IT, on top of a few pre set holdings, it also will allow you to set any temp you want and is very accurate at holding that temp, its hold feature is also the longest I have seen at an hour. its certified and testedt for commercial use (U/L) all stainless on the inside no plastic to worry about with the water. the gooseneck makes pouring a dream.

Heres a video on it. I did a lot of research on a kettle last time I went looking, and settled on this and couldnt be happier about it. Just amazing, specially the built in timer

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had one for over a year and no failures. I think it is a well built machine. Will it make better tea then a much cheaper tea pot...no. But it is very convenient. I love being able to adjust the temp and brew time quickly and the built in timer is perfect for that quick morning cup of tea. YMMV, but I've been very happy with mine.

The Breville One Touch that I think we're talking about *will* make better tea than the cheaper teapot. Having to make do with a cheaper teapot because my Breville broke makes that clear. It will also boil water faster and be reasonably accurate for the temp it's supposed to reach. It just...breaks. It looks like it shouldn't, but it does, as many other victims posting comments on Amazon will attest.

Has anyone bought or consider buying a BREVILLE ONE TOUCH teamaker? I know that they are expensive. But, would I be better off spending my money on something cheaper but just as effective?I need all of you to give me your input. Thanks.

Are you referring to the BTM800XL? That's the one I bought my wife over a year ago. She absolutely loves it and uses everyday if not more. She can can set different steeping temps/times based on the tea she is drinking. I think the thing she enjoys most is the timer. Her tea is waiting for her when she gets up. The cons: pricey little ba$tard. You have to be careful how you wash it.

I have a Bonavita gooseneck, I LOVE IT, on top of a few pre set holdings, it also will allow you to set any temp you want and is very accurate at holding that temp, its hold feature is also the longest I have seen at an hour. its certified and testedt for commercial use (U/L) all stainless on the inside no plastic to worry about with the water. the gooseneck makes pouring a dream.

Heres a video on it. I did a lot of research on a kettle last time I went looking, and settled on this and couldnt be happier about it. Just amazing, specially the built in timer
thanks for the info on that, that is new to me. much cheaper then bevilles version

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, I believe a seach in the cafe brings up a few threads of other people who own them as well. I use mine everyday and have nothing bad to say about it, for my needs its really on the money

Just in case:

I have two broken tops, the parts that hold the water. One of them has the old flaw where the screw at the bottom of the handle shears off. The other's heating element stopped working when connected to the base. I have two working bases. So if there's anyone out there with a nonworking base but a working top, maybe we could work on something?

Top Bottom