What's new

Mixing Creams?

I know a lot of guys out there like superlathering w/soaps & creams. My question is: other than scent benefits, does it pay to mix different creams together?

Just this morning I did a superlather: Mitchell's Wool Fat + Nancy Boy Repleneshing + a hint of Trumper's Limes. My skin felt finnicky so I wanted to use the NB but it's not particularly odoriferous so I added the tiniest dab of Trumper's. It was fantastic. Afterwards I felt vigorous. Give it a shot!

During the winter in my area the water becomes "harder" due to more salts added to it. I find that superlather helps get good lather if I don't use bottled water.

Also a very moistuizing soap's lather will dissipate quicker than others, I will combine a shea butter soap with a cream to keep a nice lather with lots of moisturizing effects.

I had posted a review of Tabac cream earlier and expressed my disappointment with the quality of the lather. Since I hate to throw things away I decided to experiment with a mixture of Tabac and KMF lavender and am very happy with the results. The KMF has always been a very good product in terms of lather and I did give the Tabac good marks for it's lubrication. Together I have something that is very pleasant to use and smells pretty good too.

Top Bottom