Last edited:
22 February 2014

Mike's Pine & Cedarwood
Rodney Neep Golden Teak Burl
ATT Kronos M2 + Feather Blade
Fine American Blend AS

$Pine&Cedarwood.jpg

FROM A RAZOR'S POINT OF VIEW!!
Yesterday was like any other day as I sat in this dark glass cabinet on the bottom shelf. I could see people walk by and somehow they never saw me. I remember back to the 1950's when my owner died and then they put me in this box for many years. Then one day, someone opened the box and I was so glad to get a new owner, but that did not happen as I was placed in this cabinet. But yesterday, I saw a lady talking to this man and they started to walk over closer and closer and then the key went into the door and they were getting something, and it was Me!!. Now, where to next I thought and then I found myself in this very hot bath of tinfoil and soda, I guess I must have looked pretty bad for sitting around all these years. And then a miracle happened, I began to look more and more like when I was first made all bright and shiny. After my bath I was dried and polished and then I was placed with other razors and began to feel right at home with my new made friends. And then this morning I was picked to go to work and do what I was made for. Boy, did that feel good to be back at work after 64 years. I cannot believe that only yesterday, I was sitting in the dark and today I am free and fulfilling my purpose. Life is good even for an old razor like me!!

Now don't cry:huh: this is a fictional story, the names and faces were changed to protect the innocent,
take care and happy shaving, :001_smile a public service announcement made by Sgt. Friday!

$1009.jpg

FROM A RAZOR'S POINT OF VIEW!!
Yesterday was like any other day as I sat in this dark glass cabinet on the bottom shelf. I could see people walk by and somehow they never saw me. I remember back to the 1950's when my owner died and then they put me in this box for many years. Then one day, someone opened the box and I was so glad to get a new owner, but that did not happen as I was placed in this cabinet. But yesterday, I saw a lady talking to this man and they started to walk over closer and closer and then the key went into the door and they were getting something, and it was Me!!. Now, where to next I thought and then I found myself in this very hot bath of tinfoil and soda, I guess I must have looked pretty bad for sitting around all these years. And then a miracle happened, I began to look more and more like when I was first made all bright and shiny. After my bath I was dried and polished and then I was placed with other razors and began to feel right at home with my new made friends. And then this morning I was picked to go to work and do what I was made for. Boy, did that feel good to be back at work after 64 years. I cannot believe that only yesterday, I was sitting in the dark and today I am free and fulfilling my purpose. Life is good even for an old razor like me!!

Now don't cry:huh: this is a fictional story, the names and faces were changed to protect the innocent,
take care and happy shaving, :001_smile a public service announcement made by Sgt. Friday!

View attachment 416363

Attachments

• $369.jpg
    $369.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 97
View attachment 416371
Razor: IKON Deluxe OC
Blade: Feather (D3)
Brush: Oscar11 Amber 28mm TGN finest
Bowl: Dirty Bird 1.5 Scuttle
Pre Shave Soap: MRGLO Lime Basil
Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Lime & Spearmint
Shave Soap: HTGAM Bay Rum
Aftershave: Captains Choice

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Cella
Brush: Vie-Long Cachurro horse hair
Razor: '62 Giillette Slim (7)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Green Indian) (4)
AS: Dominica Bay Rum
Fragrance:
Ogallala Special Reserve Double Strength Bay Rum Cologne

1st: N-S, 2nd: S-N, 3rd: A
TG where needed. Result: DFS

$20140222_104656(0).jpg

Saturday

Ever-Ready lather catcher, Gem PTFE blade * FS silvertip * Copper Hat soap * Thayers rose witch hazel * Shea butter * Krampert's Bay Rum * Clubman talc

SOTD, Sat. afternoon, Feb. 22, 2014
A "touch up" shave before photo gig this evening

Prep with shower + face wash with Musgo Glyce
Yeti Shore Leave spicy shave soap + Semogue OC badger
Gillette Sheraton TTO OC + Silver Blue blade
One pass + Cool washcloth rinse + Truefitt and Hill Freshman cologne

$yeti shore leave freshman sheraton feb 22 2014.jpg

background...from shore leave in Aveiro, Portugal a few years back

Thanks for the music, Ischiapp. Ennio Morricone is one of my favorite composers. I really enjoy The Ecstacy of Gold from "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly," but I think my favorite music of his is from, "The Mission." Yo-Yo Ma has a wonderful CD of his music.

Saturday Afternoon

Prep:
Baxter of California Daily Face Wash / warm water
Razor: 5/8 F.W. Engels
Brush: Omega 20102 Professional Boar
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Musgo Real AS Lotion / Calani Gentleman AS Balsam
Cologne of the Day: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Ben

Prep: Hot Shower-L'Occitane Pur Vegetal Bath Soap
Soap: Mike's Rose and Cedarwood & Tobs Rose (sample)
Razor: Gillette Goodwill head with Ikon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (first time ever using them)
Brush: SOC 2-band
Aftershave: Pinaud Musk (sample)

A very interesting shave. The combination of scents is quite pleasant. An excellent suberlather that is soft as silk and really thick and rich (sorry I didn't include a picture of it, I was too busy enjoying it!)

Another shave today with the Razorock Jaws open-comb (with Astra SP)
Semogue 1305
Stirling Sharp-Dressed Man (I think the sample I got of this was an older formulation, not loving the lather I'm getting)
Tabac

Saturday 02-22-14. MUSIC: Steely Dan - A Decade Of Steely Dan.

proxy.php

Aleppo soap - Semogue 2000 - Merkur 15C - Perma Sharp #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Proraso sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Proraso - ASL Aubrey Organics Spice Island.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM MMOC
Blade: Treet
Brush: HIS
Lather: Proraso red tube
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Results: BBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom