What's new

Any hookah smokers?

I know we've got cigar and pipe smokers, and I'll smoke either one on occasion, but for my once-or-twice-a-week smoke, I'm partial to a nice bowl of shisha. Anyone else?

Hmmm... Next time I'm in NYC, you'll have to show me around to some hookah bars. I've never been to one. I had a friend who had one and decided I had to get one for myself.

I own my own Hookah and buy the 2 Apples flavor which is my favorite. Others I find quite weak. If you know of any good flavors with a stronger sweet citrus taste, let me know. I smoke my Hookah every single day :)

I'm mostly a cherry man, myself. Lately, though, I'm using a nice raspberry flavor. I don't particularly care for the apple or double apple for some reason.

I bought a Hookah in a port visit in Dubai. It came with a case and everything for a very reasonable price after some bargaining of course. 2 apples is my favourite as well.

Hmmm... Maybe I should give 2 Apples another try, or try a different brand of it. What brand do you guys smoke?

My local smoke shope sells "Sex on the Beach" It was my favorite for a long time.... till I smoked it until I couldnt stand it!

Double Apple mixed with a pinch of Mint is very nice...or on a hot day, a bowl of lemon is very refreshing...also if you want to be adventurous you can mix OJ and Vodka into the base, and put on a bowl filled with orange...makes for an interesting smoke...

Double Apple mixed with a pinch of Mint is very nice...or on a hot day, a bowl of lemon is very refreshing...also if you want to be adventurous you can mix OJ and Vodka into the base, and put on a bowl filled with orange...makes for an interesting smoke...

Vodka in the base? Wow.... never heard of that. I use milk sometimes..... It makes for some of the thickest smoke you will ever see! It sounds weird, but works like a champ!

I picked one up in Istanbul a few years ago. Now, my mother-in-law and I will sit out in back acre and smoke a nice pipe after my children are in bed. It's not the Sultan Ahmed in the middle of Ramazan but hey, you can't have everything!:wink:

I picked one up in Iraq back in '05, but I haven't yet used it. I'm considering it, though my paranoid neighbors won't know what to do! (I only smoke outside .. as much as I enjoy it, I don't like the lingering odor)

I use Nakhla 2apples brand from egypt. Costs $15 bucks here and lasts quite a while. I think its 400 grams. Not sure though. I have tried Mint with 2 Apples on a hot summer day and man I'll tell ya, very cool and refreshing smoke, specially after a Proraso shave with Proraso pre/post shave cream. Not going to waste Vodka though, it's meant to be drunk, not inhaled ;)

I enjoy a good hookah experience. We have a couple hookah cafes in my city, one an actual restaurant and the other serving a few basics like tea and coffee along with the hookahs. I would love to buy one for myself, but the wonderfully backwards state of Kansas recently passed vaguely-written legislation targeting "drug paraphernalia", which my city's police department has decided should forbid the purchase of any hookahs, among other things (even though I have never known anyone to smoke marijuana with a hookah around here, it's wasteful and the stuff is just too expensive here to waste).

I give the law 6 months before it's struck down for various reasons. Sad really that a state which began as a bastion of freedom (as opposed to those slavery-loving Missourians :wink: ) should often indulge in such unnecessary intrusion into the lives of its residents.

Howz about your favorite tips for rookie hookah smokers ?

Ive got one but dont smoke it much cause:
1. It takes a big time commitment
2. The tobacco Ive tried leaves me unimpressed

Heat management is a big part. Over time you learn the right amount of coals to use and when to rotate them. Heat requirements differ between brands, and sometimes between flavors of the same brand.

As for tobacco, have you tried anything by Starbuzz? It's the brand I started out with, and to this day it's remained my favorite. The flavor is good and I find it fairly forgiving with heat management.

Howz about your favorite tips for rookie hookah smokers ?

Ive got one but dont smoke it much cause:
1. It takes a big time commitment
2. The tobacco Ive tried leaves me unimpressed

I picked one up in Hong Kong. I put wine in it and smoked (tobacco) through it. A nice cool, refreshing smoke. Some of my well-meaning shipmates found it and threw it overboard. They didn't want me to get caught with "drug paraphernalia". I retaliated by throwing away all the paper clips in the ship's office. "Roach clips", right?

My first hookah experience was about a year and a half ago at my girlfriend-at-the-time's cottage on a lake in upstate New York. We and another couple were just sitting out on the porch after a day of playing in the lake, and it made the perfect ending to a great day. So I decided to pick one up. I wasn't sure how much I would stick with it, so I didn't get anything too extravagant -- a little $40 hookah that came with a nice little traveling case.

I've been loving the apple flavor. I like the double apple, but there's so much molasses on it that I almost need to take a shower to get it all off my hands after packing a bowl. I also find that the double apple tends to drown out any flavors you mix with it (assuming you're into mixing), whereas the regular apple doesn't overpower it. I am not a fan of the vanilla flavor by itself, but it does work wonders when you put a pinch of it in with another flavor. Strawberry was pretty good too.

I've never seen a sex on the beach flavor, but I am definitely intrigued -- I'll have to keep my eye out for that one.

The sex on the beach flavor is pretty good and didn't really care for the 2 apples flavor although I liked the individual apple flavor. I haven't smoked hookah in a long time, I didn't smoke very often and my tastes gravitated toward cigars and cigarettes, which I rarely do as well.

The thing with the hookah cafes around where I live try to cater around the really young crowd that are too young to drink and play lots of load, bad music and I can't have a conversation with the person I'm smoking with.

Top Bottom