What's new

Wow... First time with brush and real soap.

So I was in Wally-world today and picked up a cake of the VDH soap they sell there. (Hey, for a buck-fifty, what do you have to lose?) I just got home and, though already clean-shaven (I did some farm work today and thus didn't shave until noon), I was impressed with the nice, thick lather that I was able to work up in the mug with the old boar-bristle brush left over from my grandfather (who would have had his 81st birthday on Monday, but for losing the battle with lung cancer). I can't wait for the chance to try a real badger brush and maybe some better soap, though I'm in no rush to get rid of the VDH...

Siggy, it sounds like you are off to a good start. I haven't tried that soap yet but you here mixed opinions about it here. Hey, if it works for you it works though right? You have any other soaps or a brush in mind?

Looking at a nice badger-hair brush as my next purchase, unless the soap runs out first. In that case, it'll probably be some COL Conk, probably either Bay Rum or Almond.

I'd like to add QED to the recommended soaps to try as well. That is once you get your secret decoder ring to decipher Charles' website.

I'd like to add QED to the recommended soaps to try as well. That is once you get your secret decoder ring to decipher Charles' website.

Totally.. the only reason I haven't ordered a boatload of stuff from him is because trying to shop there makes me feel dumb, like I've unlearned everything I know about ordering merchandise online.

Add to cart...checkout...celebrate!

?

Wow, you've got that right! The first time I went to the site it took me ten minutes to even find the soap. However, it is worth the effort, the lime is really great! Looking forward to trying more of them...

Top Bottom