What's new

Diluting Badger & Blade cologne?

This has been on my mind for a while now. Charles has classified the magnificent Badger & Blade "cologne" as perfume strength. Is it anywhere near advisable to dilute very strong fragrances? If so, with what?

I would never dream of trying to dilute it. The smell is intoxicating. However, I can see where it may be an issue for some men. I would be scared to mix other stuff in to dilute it. To take the edge off, perhaps decanting into a smaller atmoizer (whose pump sprays a smaller amount). That seemed to work for me..

Best of luck to you! :biggrin:

I was going to ask if I was completely insane for even considering it :lol:. My body stays at a somewhat higher temperature than most people's, so most colognes either do two things; fade away in an instant or multiply. I really, really adore B&B, but at times it's annoying to try and spray such a small amount. Plus it would stretch the cologne out a little more.

This has been on my mind for a while now. Charles has classified the magnificent Badger & Blade "cologne" as perfume strength. Is it anywhere near advisable to dilute very strong fragrances? If so, with what?

If you really need to dilute a very strong fragrance then try this:

1) Shower
2) Do not dry your upper body when you come out of the shower
3) Spray once to the middle of the chest
4) Use the water left on your body to 'spread' the fragrance throughout your upper body including arms, neck and abdomen.

You should find that this spreads the fragrance and so makes it less intense than when it is concentrated on one part of your skin.

You can dilute it very easily if you want or just use less of it. You can dilute it with grain alcohol without affecting the chemistry.

Joe

I think a good way to handle it would be to pour out half into a different bottle and send that bottle to me than add some alcohol to the remaining bottle. :biggrin:

I have some original Polo. I always found it was too strong and had trouble using a small enough amount. I added witch hazle to thin it out. that caused the oils to come out of suspension and it got cloudy. I then added Everclear grain alcohol until it cleared again. The result was that it did dilute it, and still smells like Polo. I guess I just never feel like wearing Polo anymore.

Looking back on it I would probably use distilled water and everclear as witch hazel has it's own scent and ingredients that might effect a scent.

good luck

Theoretically, the only difference between an EDT and a Perfume is the amount of alcohol. (However in practice some fragrances like Habit Rouge do change their formula between EdP and EDT.)
Bottom line, experiment with a small amount of B&B to see if it is miscible in alcohol, if it is then add more. If you know that the cologne already uses alcohol, (and I am almost certain it does) then go ahead and just dilute it.
Trying to apply half a spritz usually does not work very well.

Top Bottom