What's new

What Knife Did You Use Today?

We have "what did you hone today", "shave of the day", "brush of the day" but I don't see a "knife of the day" thread???

Post the pictures of the knives you used today OR just your favourite knives. Since this is the Mess Hall, only post knives you use in your kitchen or on food (that includes knives that you'd use to gut something :)

I Just landed a few Japanese knives that i've been using EVERY day since I got them So I'll start the thread with these: 170mm(ish) Takeda Nakiri. 240mm Takeda Kiritsuke and a 150mm Konosuke Petty.

$1609604_10151956072197444_1615951673_n.jpg

$1174633_10151956068657444_792222255_n.jpg

$1499634_10151945678772444_1200413198_n.jpg

Reede your cutting board has seen some miles man! What's the little pearing knife behind the Gyuto? I like the handles on both btw!

That table top came from my grandfather's creamery and meat market. I've recently restored it to use, it spent probably 30 years propped against a wall in storage. That shot was actually taken to show how deep the "holes" in it are, from the cutting stations. Both sides have 2 deep holes that have been sanded/cut/worn out. The table is 4 wide by 7 long.
Depth of hole:

Entire table:

The paring knife is by Scott McGhee/Guinea Hog Forge. O1 with ivory linen micarta handle. Neat, super sharp little knife.

I used my Martell Nakiri to prep sauce. Just falls through everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe nobody started this thread before!!! These knives are just as beautiful as straight razors and hones!

The finish on that Masakage looks wonderful. Nice rounded choil with lots of finger clearance. Is that a purple heart ferrule?

Legion

Staff member
That table top came from my grandfather's creamery and meat market. I've recently restored it to use, it spent probably 30 years propped against a wall in storage. That shot was actually taken to show how deep the "holes" in it are, from the cutting stations. Both sides have 2 deep holes that have been sanded/cut/worn out. The table is 4 wide by 7 long.
Depth of hole:

Entire table:

That's awesome.

Legion

Staff member
Where is the other half of the set of the shears? That's an awesome idea!

The other half got discarded, or lost in a move. Because of the line of the handle to the blade, the half I used is really comfortable in my right hand, the other half impossible. I should have kept it for a lefty, but....

Great thread, Brooksie. :thumbup1: Are you left handed?

Thanks my friend! It needed to be done!
I am not left handed. That konosuke is a 50/50 and the takedas are in my left hand so I can stead my phone with my right hand; the pictures were hastily taken upon arrival.

Top Bottom