What's new

XPEC Reformulation Confirmed

:sad::confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:confused1:cursing:

Okay, deep breath…..

Yes, after much speculation, I have been able to confirm from the distributor herself that XPEC is currently being reformulated, and sounds like with "more natural" ingredients (and likely without parabens, if my instincts are worth anything). Hence, you cannot find it anywhere. Stock is gone.

I am just glad they aren't discontinuing the line. But I really hope it is just as good as the current formulation.

The conversation was a series of emails in Italian, where she gave me some information I did not know, and thought maybe you'd appreciate some of the details of who's Forester-Milano. I can sum that up here.
For those who do not know, Forester-Milano was the manufacturer of the XPEC product line, who also made the Domenico Caraceni 1913 line. Two "legendary" shaving creams is how I've heard them both described, and I think I like that adjective.
In the emails I was concerned that reformulations might mean a lesser product, and she replied "Forester has been closed about three years and I remained owner of the brands XPEC (and Washington Tremlett). In these three years I do not think there have been any differences in the productions." This was news to me, since I just bought XPEC in October from Damon who had just got his supply a month or two prior to that, and the label on the back says Forester-Milano… but then I went back to the label and checked and it says "Distribuito da" (Distributed by) Forester-Milano… meaning she (distributor) was using the name Forester-Milano and having it manufactured in a new laboratory after the original F-M was closed three years ago.
Btw, the new XPEC won't say Forester-Milano because Italian courts have forced her to change the name. Now her company name is EffeMarinelli.

Sorry for the jibber jabber, but some might find it interesting.

She did seem optimistic that the new formulations will be just as great as the current, however she was certainly not giving me any indication of when the new formulations would be available, but that she would get back to me when the time arrives.

Last edited:
Cautious optimism here. I loved the performance aspects of the cream. Top 3 easily for me. The scent....hope they can make a 2% formula?... lol.:D sigh..but then it wouldn't be Xpec.

Cautious optimism here too.
If it's 85% as good as the current formulation then it will still be in its own league.
I happen to love the scent so I hope that doesn't change, IMO, but we shall see.
I'm sure they'll still offer the unscented version.

Grazie mille mattcim10 for getting this new info on XPEC for us fans. Sono d'accordo con te .I think the old XPEC is in a league of its own. And I also bought a jar of the Unscented version a couple mos ago because I figured something was up with Forester-Milano. I have always loved this Italian cream so keep us updated on what Signora Marinelli tells you,per favore. Lucky you speak Italian so you can converse with her,e vero?

Stai attento paisan,

Craig

Grazie mille mattcim10 for getting this new info on XPEC for us fans. Sono d'accordo con te .I think the old XPEC is in a league of its own. And I also bought a jar of the Unscented version a couple mos ago because I figured something was up with Forester-Milano. I have always loved this Italian cream so keep us updated on what Signora Marinelli tells you,per favore. Lucky you speak Italian so you can converse with her,e vero?

Stai attento paisan,

Craig

Prego, Craig! Sí, è vero, io parlo italiano (non fluentemente, ma abbastanza).

If you've seen any of my posts, you know that I LOVE XPEC, too.
Easily my favorite product, in a sea of wonderful and luxurious performers (Valobra, AoS, AdP, Boellis, CF, etc), so that says something… (probably says something about AoS too, that I put it in that group, but that's how I feel about it, but that's not for this thread).

I will absolutely keep you in the loop on any communications with Signora Fabrizia Marinelli.

Ciao!

Last edited:
Where do you even buy XPEC?

royalshave.com used to carry it but stopped quite a while ago.
straightrazordesigns.com recently carried it, but sold out of the Scented/Original around Xmas if my memory serves me well. Last I checked they still had the Unscented.
Damon (Old Town Shaving Company at the Stats, in Pasadena, CA) carried it too, but I believe he is out.

So I checked the SRD website and it looks like someone just took the last of the unscented too, so I think that's it folks.

This is good news for me since I've been wanting to try it but cannot find any. I'll wait around a bit for reviews on this new batch first before buying.

Sorry for the jibber jabber, but some might find it interesting.

I certainly did. That's exactly the kind of info that keeps me coming back to this site. (It certainly isn't to read the millionth thread about someone's Best Shave Ever.) Thanks for the explanation. It will be interesting to see how this thread develops.

Thanks for the info. I've got a tub of XPEC Original at about 98%..... so that will probably last me forever. Glad I picked it up when I did.

Ben

I've come to absolutely love this cream. While I've made the adjustment to scented fine it's the performance which is outstanding.

Any news if they will be bringing back the original formula scent? Wonderful, wonderful cream.

I wish she would make the Domenico Caraceni 1913 edt and shave creame again. I've used up the last of my edt and nothing is very close.

I have never used XPEC. However anytime I hear “one of the best” I want to try it. I also read Valmgat who asked where do you even buy it from. For anyone interested in locating an actual store that you can visit or order from you may want to check out http://www.oldtownshaving.com. They have a page dedicated to XPEC even though I do not believe they have any inventory but he seems to be keeping current on XPEC’s progress if there is any.

I talked with Old Town Shaving last week or so, and Damon thought that the reappearance of Xpec was iffy. His inquiries over the last year have been met with the same "any time now" response. He somehow has heard that the reformulation will be water-based, which is, I guess, different from the original. Oh well. Do I really need to spend $80 on another shaving soap?

Top Bottom