What's new

Looking for Sandalwood / Amber Scents

Hi all!

So many shaving cremes, soaps and aftershaves available online, not so many in real life to actually smell. I'm looking for recommendations on products that have an amber or sandaldwood smell to them. I'm partial to these scents and have been told they work well for me. Please throw out any brands/items to check out.

Welcome, Renaldo!
Agree that you should consider AOS sandalwood.
Where do you live, so we might offer places where you can test some other juices?

Welcome, Renaldo!
Agree that you should consider AOS sandalwood.
Where do you live, so we might offer places where you can test some other juices?

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm in Portland, OR. I'll be getting my tax return in a week or so, and plan on making a day of trying to track things down locally then.

Ambre Precieux by MPG is a very nice oriental amber though pricey. You might take a whiff of Amber by L'Occitane if a store is close.

I use Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream. It makes a real nice thick lather. I follow it up with Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood aftershave. Feels goods and smells good.

As mentioned, TOBS or AOS, I would also add edwin jager to the mix... Great scent that stays with you

I bought about 6 or 7 Sandalwood samples and my favorites are Art of Shaving and Proraso (the red). GFT smells good but doesn't lather well.

I use Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream. It makes a real nice thick lather. I follow it up with Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood aftershave. Feels goods and smells good.

+1 minus Shaving Cream, I use TOBS St Jermyn Street. the aftershave stays and stays and then some...

Ren, there's an AOS store downtown Portland near Broadway and Adler. Go there with a half dozen tiny ziplock baggies and they'll load you up with various samples of shave cream, AS balm and AS gel. Take a couple cotton balls for the cologne sample, store that also in a baggie and just reconstitute with a drop of water. Besides sandalwood, you might also like the lavender or even their lemon. Just use the samples for a while before buying, although that tax return might be burning hole in the pocket.

I have the Edwin Jagger Sandalwood and I don't find the scent very strong wish it was a bit more potent.

Top Bottom