What's new

Looking for Sandalwood / Amber Scents

Awesome! I still like it a lot. It's got kind of a sawdust smell to it that sets it apart from other sandalwoods. Hope you like it!

I really like TOBS and Trumpers (both fragrant, made in England, UK).

Proraso Red is good but less fragrant (Italian).

And Ogallala produces a great soap (USA).

I haven't tried it yet, but my next Sandalwood is going to be Castle Forbes (Scotland, UK).

Got the Honeybee Gardens Sandalwood last week. My first stab at sandalwood fragrances. I'm very undecided about it. It's VERY unique compare to anything I've ever used. When it first goes on it smells a tad "medicinal" to me, but that dissipates fairly quickly. From there I can't put my finger on exactly what I'm not sold on about it.

Got pretty nuetral responses from the wife and office :confused1

Hmmm.. neutral's better than bad, isn't it?! lol

It smells like sawdust to me, not so much like a sandalwood scent, but sandalwood sawdust. That's what I like about it though. Sorry it doesn't work.

Hmmm.. neutral's better than bad, isn't it?! lol

It smells like sawdust to me, not so much like a sandalwood scent, but sandalwood sawdust. That's what I like about it though. Sorry it doesn't work.

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't work. I just haven't quite figured it out yet. And neutral is definitely not bad LOL. It really is a very unique scent from what I usually wear so in that respect I like it because it is SO different.

Proraso Red is very good. I love to follow it with Hydrolast sandalwood conditioning balm and Dr. Harris Sandalwood aftershave.

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't work. I just haven't quite figured it out yet. And neutral is definitely not bad LOL. It really is a very unique scent from what I usually wear so in that respect I like it because it is SO different.

I think one of the reasons I like it, is that I tend to layer it with other sandalwoods. Sometimes sandalwoods kind of conflict with each other, but this seems to mix right in with everything. So if I take a shower with sandalwood soap, use Proraso Red or TOBS Sandalwood, then throw this on afterwards, it all blends okay and kind of adds an extra dimension, if that makes sense.

Great suggestions from everyone. Tam Daomand Crabtreenand Evelyn worth testing for sure. I'll offer a suggestion that is more than just either sandalwood or amber but whose overall vibe and dry down I think you'll appreciate: Chanel Allure PH.

The proraso red is nice but a flatter Sandalwood.

Crabtree and Evelyn make a wonderful Sandalwood After Shave Balm. It lasts a long time and you can smell it throughout the day when you turn your head or run through a hallway with your arms spread out like a child :cheerful:

For an Amber fragrance I love Tom Ford's amber absolute. It's a straight forward linear amber scent that has great longevity. Unfortunately is no longer in production but if you get a chance you might be able to pick up a sample somewhere. Definitely check it out if you can.

The proraso red is nice but a flatter Sandalwood.

Crabtree and Evelyn make a wonderful Sandalwood After Shave Balm. It lasts a long time and you can smell it throughout the day when you turn your head or run through a hallway with your arms spread out like a child :cheerful:

Have you been spying on me Andrew? :lol:

I've read mixed reviews of Castle Forbes Cedar/Sandalwood cream. I'm thinking of getting a jar myself (but for 38 bones, that's not very Scottish! :biggrin1:)

Top Bottom