What's new

Worst shave ever.

Today I must say that I had my worst shave ever. I tried the Personna's from Wal-Mart and never again will . In another thread I said they were ok. I was mistaken. The one I used thinking it was the Wal-Mart blade was not.

Please let me discourage any newbies from using these blades as they will give you a bad impression of a DE razor.

V

VR6ofpain

I bought some of those close to a year ago. I think there are still 3 left in the 10 pack. They are pretty much worthless.

are you talking about the ones in the red cardboard packets? if so i quite like these. maybe you just got a dodgey blade/packet/batch?

are you talking about the ones in the red cardboard packets? if so i quite like these. maybe you just got a dodgey blade/packet/batch?

No those are the ones that are made in Isreal. These are made in the USA and come in a plastic and metal case.

I thought the same thing about a year ago. Now I love them. No offense, but if you're still new to this (read: less than a year's experience), there's a good chance it was your technique and you had an off shave or a defective blade.

Then again, these blades just might not be suited for you. :lol:

I really like the US persona (walmart) blades. They aren't my favorite but I have tried 14 different blades and still thought they were pretty decent. You should at least try a second blade to see if your first one was goofed in some way.

2 Months in I think that the US Personas might be at the top of my list so far.
Still working my way through the sample pack but I've done Merkur, Derby, US Persona and Feathers so far and the Personas seem to be in the lead, which makes my wallet happy.

I thought the same thing about a year ago. Now I love them. No offense, but if you're still new to this (read: less than a year's experience), there's a good chance it was your technique and you had an off shave or a defective blade.

Then again, these blades just might not be suited for you. :lol:

True, I could have just got a bad blade. I went back to the brand that Rite-Aid sell and all was fine. Today I used my newly aquired Gillette New. I love it. It is more aggressive than my Merkur 23C.

Thanks for all the comments. I have ordered some Red Pack Personas. I will let you know.

Top Bottom