What's new

Bestshave.net

Greetings to All,
I intend to buy some blade packs from best shave. What would like to now whether its a good reliable E seller ?
Really appreciate if those who have done dealings previously could chime in ?

My second question is how do you rate the Rapira blades in pink blue and black package ?
(When compared with Derby and Astra)

Thanks

I have never had an issue with Bestshave other than the shipping time can create some unwarranted anxiety. Derby is a way different blade than the Rapira and Astra SP, in my opinion. With the latter three being similar.

Blades are just too tough to choose for somebody.

Personally, I have found the Astra SP a solid versatile blade that works with any of my shavers. Slant, Krona, Slim adjustable etc.

I bought from bestshave.net several times and I was happy with their service. In my opinion he is a great vendor. Honest and accommodating. Last order took less than 10 days to arrive and the packaging was perfect.
If I ever consider buying Astra SP blades again bestshave.net would be the place.
They have $50 free shipping for orders below 900g, so if you shop wisely... Astra SP and Arko soap would be worth considering. They recently deleted most of their free shipping deals on bulk buys and I hope they bring them back.

I have never used Rapira blades.

I bought from them twice. Both times my order arrived in CA within two weeks of my placing the order. Not sure what you're looking to get, but be sure to pick up some Perma Sharp Supers (I bought a few hundred of them), and of course, don't forget the Arko.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Those are exactly the blades I use, and where I got them from. I rate them Astra SP-ish. PM me your address and I will send you a few to try.

I have ordered one time from Bestshave.com. It took a while before I received the order but in the end I got my exact blade selection.

The Rapira blades are inconsistent for me. Some work about as well as an Astra SP while others do not.

Greetings to All,
I intend to buy some blade packs from best shave. What would like to now whether its a good reliable E seller ?
Really appreciate if those who have done dealings previously could chime in ?

My second question is how do you rate the Rapira blades in pink blue and black package ?
(When compared with Derby and Astra)

Thanks

Have ordered a couple of small orders including Rapira Super Stainless you refer to. Delivery to UK was a week and no problems with order. Do check postage as you update cart as it's based on weight and noticed postal charge has risen slightly.

Rapira blade is quite smooth and sharp and lasts for 2 shaves for me and can just get a third but prob best to change after 2 as getting nicks/tugging after two shaves. Better than Derby most definitely but it's been a long time since I used an Astra SS/SP though recall getting a shave a least more with the Astra blades.

For the most part fine, but the one time I had an issue with the quality of some products I received they wouldn't acknowledge my emails, let alone reply to them.

For that reason, I wouldn't buy from them again.

I placed an order on the 7th and was told my order would have to be for a minimum of $145.00 USD to qualify for free shipping to the United States. This happened after I inquired via email, asking why I kept getting a screen message that said "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time." The email informed me that my $125.00 USD order didn't qualify for free shipping and I would have to increase it, to avoid the $41.00 shipping charge.

I placed an order on the 7th and was told my order would have to be for a minimum of $145.00 USD to qualify for free shipping to the United States. This happened after I inquired via email, asking why I kept getting a screen message that said "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time." The email informed me that my $125.00 USD order didn't qualify for free shipping and I would have to increase it, to avoid the $41.00 shipping charge.
On their Home page there is a button for "Free Shipping over $50, Click here for terms and conditions."
This statement is not written in small print, like many other companies, but made clear for the very beginning. It simply states that there are some terms and conditions.
If one bothers to read them, it all becomes clear.
For US it says:
United States group2 Air post >=50 <=0,90 kgs >=100 <=1,85 kgs >=145 unlimited

So Mischka, your order was more than 1.85kg (= 4lbs) and that means that its total should be at least $145.
For an order less (or equal) than 0.9kg (= 2lbs) and total of $50 or more, you get free shipping.
For an order less (or equal) than 4lbs and a total of $100 or more, you get free shipping.

It really is that simple.

I've spend several hundred dollars on orders with them in the last two years and never have I paid one red cent for shipping. The weight restriction is a new policy for U.S. orders. It's really THAT simple, bud.

So comply with their new policy or go shop some place else. Is THAT simple.
The original question was if the vendor is a reliable E seller. I imagine after spending "several hundred dollars" on orders with them in the last two years you could say he is a reliable seller. I suppose you couldn't.
Enjoy their products.

I just made my first purchase from bestshave and what really surprised me was that they gave me a tracking number in less than 2 hours after making payment! Will wait for the parcel to arrive and see if everything is good.

I will have to give them a try but I don't know if I'm getting US or CDN prices right now on their website. The prices look way too good for CDN e.g. $10 for 100 Astras, which seems more like US prices.

I will have to give them a try but I don't know if I'm getting US or CDN prices right now on their website. The prices look way too good for CDN e.g. $10 for 100 Astras, which seems more like US prices.

I paid 8.49 USD for a hundred pack Astra SP. Look under original boxed blades, they're selling 8.49 USD for a box of 100 and 1.04 USD for a pack of 10.

Last edited:
There is a currency selector on the right side of the page. Under the Search field there is also a Currency drop down menu.
Prices are good indeed. My last order was for 800 Astra SPs and I got free shipping.
One word of caution: I have read posts about incomplete or missing customs declarations and that is a red flag for us. The shipment could (most likely) be inspected at the border and if there is no value declared, Customs will use their calculator. There will be an inspection fee on top of that and delays.
I would suggest contacting the vendor prior to placing an order just to make sure they understand we play by the rules over here. I believe they have to use a Customs Declaration form.

Other than that, great vendor with great prices.

There is a currency selector on the right side of the page. Under the Search field there is also a Currency drop down menu.
Prices are good indeed. My last order was for 800 Astra SPs and I got free shipping.
One word of caution: I have read posts about incomplete or missing customs declarations and that is a red flag for us. The shipment could (most likely) be inspected at the border and if there is no value declared, Customs will use their calculator. There will be an inspection fee on top of that and delays.
I would suggest contacting the vendor prior to placing an order just to make sure they understand we play by the rules over here. I believe they have to use a Customs Declaration form.

Other than that, great vendor with great prices.

Very true, I'll make sure they understand they must use a customs form. What have you paid in duty? I think it's aroun 6.5%, isn't it?

Top Bottom