What's new

I can't be the only one that uses a blade once.

Probably not, but why? You can get a couple of great shaves from a blade until you feel it degrade

Like the man said you're probably not but why? I don't see anyone having facial hair so coarse that after one shave the blade is history and while they are cheap there's no point in throwing a blade away that is still good.

I know that blades are generally pretty cheap, but seems unnecessarily wasteful to me to just chuck arbitrarily after a single use.

Each to their own, but not the kind of way I like to approach life in general :)

Cheers, Paul

I don't push the blade to try and see just how many shaves I can get, but I usually do at least three before I feel any pulling at all from the blade. Often, I feel like the second shave is the best. I average using two blades a week.

I don't push the blade to try and see just how many shaves I can get, but I usually do at least three before I feel any pulling at all from the blade. Often, I feel like the second shave is the best. I average using two blades a week.

I agree, the only time I push it with a blade is when I'm trying out a new brand that I've never used before and even then it's only pushed until I feel tugging and then I know that brand is good for X number of shaves.

I generally use a bade for 3-5 shaves. A coworker of mine just got into wet shaving with a de. For Christmas his wife got him around 500 Astras. He uses a fresh blade for every shave, but mainly because he promised not to buy any others before using at least half of his current supply. My favorite shaves are usually the second and third on a blade. That's when I get the smoothest performance out of my astra sp's. Ymmv though. What kind of blades are you using? I can only get 2 shaves out of personna reds and Gillette yellows, but an astra will last me most of a week.

My best shaves come from around shave 2-4 on a blade so for me it would be wasteful. I will say, that if it works for you go for it! It's your shave after all.

I only use a blade once. I've tried using them more than that, but my beard just murders them. I make up for it by using a half-DE shavette most of the time, so technically speaking I get two shaves out of every blade.

I've tried using more than once, but by the atg pass I get tugging and irritation, so I say why go any further. I head shave every time so I guess that could count as two.

Last edited:
I can go a week/7 days with one blade.
Thats 3 passes on the face daily and 1 pass
on the head every other day.
About to see if I can push that to 2 weeks!?

So far I have not used a blade more than 4 times. Some I could probably get more shaves but I am still trying my samples trying to find the ones that work best for me. I do a4 pass shave every day. Again YMMV

Sometimes the best shave from a blade is the second shave not the first.

Or am I imagining things?

Tell me I'm not the only one who uses a blade one time, well head/face then new blade next time.

I also shave both face and dome but I use my DE blades only twice and toss them out. For my vintage SE blades... I use it 3-4 times and toss out. For my Cobra SE blade (Feather Professional) I use it 5-6 times before tossing them out.

WARHAWK

Top Bottom