What's new

Dorco Blades

Hello All!

Several weeks ago I had a terrible shave with a Dorco 301 blade.

This morning I tried another one, and had one of the smoothest shaves ever! No nicks or weepers, and no aftershave sting whatsoever!

So now I'm a little puzzled.:confused1

Do any of you know if it's possible that there could be some inconsistencies within the same pack of these inexpensive blades?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob

$dorco.jpg

At the bottom of the list for me...maybe you did a better prep that day,or got a blade that was honed a little better..

Though I've never had this problem with the various blades I've used this far, I have read that it's quite possible to get a bad blade in a pack. Which is some of the basis for the suggestion to try more than one blade in a pack before making a decision on a best blade for your own beard. Helps in finding out the consistency of the blades between blade type and blade brand.

I've never tried dorco blades but I have found the same situation with Derby blades. When you get a good blade it is really good but there is no consistancy.

I have the same problem with my pack of Dorco 301. Dorcos only seem to be good for about 3 shaves and I average 7 shaves for most blades.

I have been getting decent shaves from the st-301's lately, but I have to use a good protective soap such as mikes. If I downgrade soaps then my gave gets tore up. I'm getting 2 shaves a blade from these then they go into the blade bin.

I've gotten decent shaves from Dorcos as they are readily available here. Wouldn't want a hundred of them but I've had much worse blades.

Congrats! You found the one good blade in the pack of 10! Go buy a lotto ticket now! Dorcos are 9/10 good per pack if your lucky....Even then the 10th one is still worse than a derby or merkur. Grab ya a pack of the Personnas in bulk, best bang 4 buck imo.

The Dorco's I buy in the cardboard containers are extremely consistent. Very smooth edge. Just the right sharpness for a BBS+ with totally calms skin afterwords. There is no detectable variability and I have used hundreds.

I have used up a 10 pack. I find them smooth and forgiving. Not super sharp but they work great for me. I did not have a bad one in the 10 pack

Dorco blades have been a real surprise discovery for me! I haven't had a bad shave from them.

They work well in my trusty slant and OC razor too.

Top Bottom