What's new

Why do you live where you do ?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lived in chicago most of my life. Moved to fl which i often asked myself why I stay lol florida is def not the state for me. ended up moving to cali and i wait for the day I end up right back in sweet home chicago as I know it will happen soon. I think we all stay where we are because its what we call home. My home for me is Chicago. Its what I know like the back of my hand. But you only live once and its good to experience different things. Just dont make the mistake of staying somewhere to long if you dont like it. Just move on to something new and check it out.

My adopted hometown is Cleveland (lived there from the age of 13-24). I am from Steubenville, OH. No one ever likes to admit such a thing, so I have an adopted hometown. I would love to return there, but the winters would kill my wife. I will return one day, even if the closest I get might be Columbus (we have a center there).

I hear you about California. I moved out there from New Mexico to take a job, and spent the next 20 years trying to escape. I live in NW Nevada because it is as far from my job as I could get and still be able to commute in. I spent my last 4 - 1/2 years before retiring going back and forth. I'd go over Monday morning, spend my nights in a rented room, and go home for the weekends. I got out of that cesspool and haven't looked back.

I live in the Maritimes of Canada. I've lived here all my life. I'm now living 10 kilometres from where I was born and raised. I love it here. It's my home. I have lived in a few places, but I've never strayed too far. The great outdoors is literally as soon as I step out my front door. Winter can be pretty brutal every now and then, but once the wind and cold snaps take a break, it can be absolutely beautiful. To me, it's what makes the other 3 seasons that much more enjoyable. I can hop in my Jeep, go snow shoeing, fish, go for a 4 wheeler ride, take the dogs for a hike or to go for a hunt, all from my very own backyard to go and get lost for awhile. It's hard to frown when you're spending a day out in the woods.

I was looking for a summer job one year back when I was in college, and ended up getting one in Glacier National Park. I fell in love with the place almost instantly, and I kept coming back to Montana summer after summer ... and at the end of one of those summers I decided I might as well never leave. No regrets at all -- this is the best place in the world.

I grew up here, which makes it comfortable. I have traveled through all 48 and parts of Canada. Even tho there are some beautiful areas, I just like it here. Also the Great Lakes provide some protection from what Mother Nature throws at other places. ( tornado's , hurricanes, floods, mudslides, Huge forest fires, severe blizzards) and best of all is the color of the water and the trees.

I've lived in 16 different states and overseas in a number. My home Amarillo is in the Panhandle of Texas. This is my wife home and her children live here. I would prefer Fort Worth, but this city of 205 thousand has much to offer. Our church here is 12,000 strong, and does so much for so many and I would not want to leave it. In Texas people are very friendly, especially out here...

Been in Arizona for 30 years. The summers can be a little warm but I like it warm and the winters are nothing short of amazing. The ocean is close by to the south. I can be over 7,000 feet in an hour. There are so many places to explore and place has a stark beauty that's only found in the desert.

The Army told me to. That's the best I can say haha. However, I was born here in the PNW and I just love the west coast. I'll stay here my whole life if I can.

Why in Tucson?

This
proxy.php

and this

proxy.php

Especially since its February and this is what we get​

I live in Michigan. It is absolutely gorgeous from mid spring through mid fall (really from the time leaves sprout on the trees until they fall off) with near perfect temperatures for me. The time in between (mid fall through mid spring) is quite miserable since I do not ice fish, ski, snowmobile or make snowmen. When it comes to snow, all I do is shovel it and drive on it. But the rest of year I absolutely love it. And the grand kids are here too.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Born and raised in West Virginia. Although I loved the mountains and the change of seasons, I followed a college buddy down to New Orleans for a summer job. Never left the state. The food and the culture are amazing. I travel back north a couple times a year, still love the snow and autumn, but I can't leave the food and culture of Louisiana behind for too long. I do hate August though.

Never a dull moment. I was born in Lawton at the Ft Sill army hospital, then lived in New Jersey for the first four years of my life while dad was deployed to Germany. After his tour was over, he moved us back to Oklahoma (mom is from Jersey, dad is from Norman OK) where I've been ever since. I've never really thought of living anywhere else except those days when a tornado is coming towards us, or when we have our 25th day in a row of 109 degree heat. We went to the state of Washington in 2012. We stayed in a beach house right on the shore at the edge of the Quinault rainforest, I could see myself living very happily ever after there. I'm still surprised at how much I miss those giant trees and the ocean after only being there for 9 days. Most likely I'll live out my days on the great plains, which is fine with me, but I definitely want to go back to WA and see the worlds largest spruce tree a few more times.
I was stationed at Sill for2.5 years. Met my whole family there, both cats were found on the installation, one in a humvee, the other in front of the PX. Found my wife in Norman, and my daughter was born in OU childrens.
I miss the no vehicle inspections, the $25 tags, driving out to medicine creek and the wildlife refuge. Plus its close to Texas, when I'm done living in hell, heaven is only 45 minutes away.

Born and raised in Southern California 30 some miles east S.E. of Los Angeles. Never felt like home to me. 6 years ago moved the family to the Pittsburgh PA area. Why here? No reason other than it wasn't California. Glad I made the move. Better people, sights, opportunities and future for the family.

In 1803 my ancestor escaped the city of Boston,(actually Milton) where the family had been living since 1634 and claimed his Revolutionary war grant in the wild frontier of western NY. The family still owns 3 hundred acres of that grant,28 of them having my name on the deed.
Yep the nanny state of NY sucks with it overbearing laws and insufferable taxation. I love it here, I have parents children and grandchildren. When my time comes I will be placed with my family in the ground that we have loved, fought over, cried over and tenderly cared for for, for more than 200 years. It is my fervent desire that there will be some remnant of the family 200 years hence.

I live on Long Island. Nassau County. The most expensive place to live in the country. I ask myself often why I am here. I have a job, not a career yet (I am still somewhat young) so I consider moving anywhere in the country where my money goes so much further. The thing is like most say, friends and family are here. I am extremely close to NYC which has a large job market as well as history and things to do. Then I think about the money I make now and how I would be rich in other parts of the country but broke here. It's a tough decision on whether to go or stay.

Last edited:
Born in SW KS, but the military took me to all three coasts. Ended up post military in Colorado in 1985. still here and always will be. Great place, stunning scenery, great weather, ( ok, it is winter, in the mountains, it snows....deal with it or leave).
The people are friendly, ( except for the east and west coast transplants who have not adapted).
I can hunt, fish, gold pan, hike, explore old ghost towns or just take a drive in the mountains, pretty much anytime I want.
i have my new 30 ft trailer outside for when I retire next year.
So what's not to like....

Top Bottom