What's new

Is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet that good?

I bought a tube of Blenheim Bouquet a while back (also PIF'd a tube quite recently).

I liked it, but didn't think it was worth the price tag. The efficacy was very good, and it lathered well, but I wouldn't say it was much better than the 3Ts (which I rate a hair above Proraso).

I wasn't a big fan of the scent. I know Blenheim Bouquet gets a lot of love, and yeah, I could tell it was a sophisticated type of fragrance, but it just put me squarely in mind of Lemon Pledge.

I don't think it performs as well as Castle Forbes, which I believe is actually a little cheaper.

You think lemon Pledge and I think of Fruit loops.

I just shaved with it yesterday. Added abit more cream this time round. The cream simply burst into wonderful rich lather in my bowl. The scent and shave was fantastic! Slapped on the BB aftershave balm. It's actually a sample I got from the store. I think I m loving it more & more. I could catch whiffs of the scent during the day. I m seriously considering getting the A/S balm and who knows...perhaps the cologne as well.

I bought the Blenheim bouquet soap today. I couldn't get it to lather properly. It was full of very tiny air bubbles. Dr Harris soaps lather way better.

You need to find one of the old tallow pucks that appear occasionally on BST. Those are the ones that are simply lather heaven!

I bought the Blenheim bouquet soap today. I couldn't get it to lather properly. It was full of very tiny air bubbles. Dr Harris soaps lather way better.

The soap used to be awesome, then it was crap, and then it was reformulated a second time and it's a bit better now.

But the thread is about the cream, not the soap. In my experience, the Penhaligon's creams lather wonderfully and shave great. I absolutely adored the Castile cream, but they don't make it anymore. I'm not a big fan of the Blenheim Bouquet scent.

If they still make the Castile, I'd pony up the dollars and be happy I did. Best scent in shaving history, as far as I'm concerned.

Shaved this afternoon with my BFF unobtanium English Fern cream! Fabulous EF scent plus good Pens cream lather.
Close to BB!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 156
I have it because the scent is irreplaceable. I don't find the performance on a par with my favorite soaps, but I also think that's a limitation of creams in general. I find the product overpriced only if you don't value the non-performance related attributes like scent. Factor in the scent and it's worth it.

One note, I find the tube version a better value because you can regulate the amount you use better than the jar. The jar, though, adds a STUNNING uptick in class to your shave den. It's really good looking.

I picked up a tube last week in Macau (along with a tub of the shaving soap and soap English Fern soap for SWMBO-to ease my guilt) and I've been using it non stop since. Obviously this is one of those open ended questions that price versus performance comes into mind but if you're one of those guys who actually enjoys shaving and enjoys having a vast array of shaving creams and soaps in your den, then yes it is. The scent is great and it gives a good, smooth shaven. I'm happy with it and regret not buying the tub over the tube.

I'm pretty sure it was the BB in the tub. The shop was recently opened in the arcade of the Venetian Macau, I'm heading back in September . It was a rush job, plane was departing and I literally stumbled across the shop, made the purchase and went to the airport

IMHO, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream is indeed that good!
Amazing scent plus slick and durable lather.
Thirsty, not too thick, which is actually perfect with a sharp straight razor!
Even better when followed with BB splash and cologne!

$penhaligon blenheim bouquet rooney dorko may 4 2016.jpg

It's ok IMHO. smells great, lathers well etc. but it's pricey and not much better than some other creams I use. I have the deoderant and EDT but it's a shame the scent lasts less than an hour on me.

It's ok IMHO. smells great, lathers well etc. but it's pricey and not much better than some other creams I use. I have the deoderant and EDT but it's a shame the scent lasts less than an hour on me.

I was detecting the BB EDT scent the next morning!

Top Bottom