What's new

Is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet that good?

I enjoy my soaps and a few creams, but at $50.00 is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet that much better than DRH, the Three T's or even Prorasso? I know our hobby is very much YMMV, but that is a large investment for me and I would like your opinions before I decide to purchase. Thanks

I like it but not sure it is worth the coin they charge.

I got a couple jars when my local shave shop moved and closed everything out at 80% off. I'll buy Penhaligon's at 80% off any day :001_smile

You do get a very nice, heavy, lidded glass jar with your purchase

proxy.php

I know it has nothing to do with the actual shave performance but that is a gorgeous overall packaging scheme.

I don't think D.R. Harris creams are all that good. Trumper's on the other hand is excellent. I'd say Blenheim Bouquet is just as good.

It's great, I would say completely overpriced. It would be a very nice birthday/ christmas/ valentines day present from the wife, but I would not buy it again on my own.

I've not tried the Blenheim Bouquet cream specifically. Assuming, however, the BB cream is not materially different from other Pen's creams, I have to say I don't really think they're worth the price on performance grounds. Good cream, yes, but not better than (or even as good as, imo) the best English creams out there, which sell for considerably less. But if you like the scent, it might be worth it on purely aesthetic grounds. The Penhaligon's fragrances are quite special.

I enjoy my soaps and a few creams, but at $50.00 is Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet that much better than DRH, the Three T's or even Prorasso? I know our hobby is very much YMMV, but that is a large investment for me and I would like your opinions before I decide to purchase. Thanks

Just my opinion, yes.
Both from performance and smell perspectives.
Tubes are $40...no silver lid, however!
Sometimes Garry has samples and sometimes it comes up on BST here.
Every wet shaver should at least try it if he gets a chance.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 416
IMO,its a nice cream but not worth the approx. $50 price. I can think of two other expensive creams that are superb and worth the $. Those are XPEC and Castle Forbes. But as we know,its all very subjective.

Craig

I bought the Blenheim bouquet soap today. I couldn't get it to lather properly. It was full of very tiny air bubbles. Dr Harris soaps lather way better.

I bought a tube of Blenheim Bouquet a while back (also PIF'd a tube quite recently).

I liked it, but didn't think it was worth the price tag. The efficacy was very good, and it lathered well, but I wouldn't say it was much better than the 3Ts (which I rate a hair above Proraso).

I wasn't a big fan of the scent. I know Blenheim Bouquet gets a lot of love, and yeah, I could tell it was a sophisticated type of fragrance, but it just put me squarely in mind of Lemon Pledge.

I don't think it performs as well as Castle Forbes, which I believe is actually a little cheaper.

Top Bottom