What's new

PIF Giveaway Game (Round 6) - I miss Christmas!

Yup, that's it and ... a RECIPE! :w00t:

TBH, I could really do without the buttercream bumps. But, there's something about that chocolate fudge frosting ... it's heavenly - likes no other frosting on any other cake I've ever had before. I'm going to have to try that frosting recipe - if I can duplicate it at home, my blood sugar is gonna be in trouble!

I grew up in michigan and I've never heard of such a thing.

I know I've asked you before, but where abouts?

I would be willing to bet, not many of you know what that is.

Too true. So ... "what is a stuffed snowball?"

It's definitely well known around Southeast Michigan/Detroit area. Here is a link to it:

Wow - I didn't know they could be ordered online and shipped! Will have to remember that this fall! See what you did?!

Too true. So ... "what is a stuffed snowball?"

Well, here in New Orleans, we don't have much experience with making balls out of the stuff you yanks call "snow" and throw at each other. So we make our own variety out of shaved ice (and don't be confused... this is NOT a snow cone or "Hawaiian" Shaved Ice!), fill it up with sugar and flavor (my favorites are chocolate or bubble gum (only blue. that pink stuff is... gross)), and eat it/slurp it up! For the stuffed variety, simply create half a snowball at the bottom of a cup with your flavor of choice, insert ice cream, and finish creating the rest of the snowball on top of the ice cream! Yum!

Also, turf wars have been known to rage over the best snowball stands in the area, Ro-bear's vs Droopy's (yuck) vs Sunny's vs Plum Street. I've been in an internally conflicted state for about a year now as to whether I prefer Plum Street to Ro-bears. It feels like I'm cheating on Ms Robert (89 something years old last I checked) every time I enjoy something from Plum Street.

http://www.neworleans.com/restaurants/best-new-orleans-snowball-stand/#.U0x8HfldVYw

OK gents, the box has flown the Cap'n's coop and is winging its way to the next destination! :thumbup1:

The box weighed 10 lbs. 8 oz., tracking number 9405 5036 9930 0276 3077 65.

Whoo hoo!!!

I'd love to try one, they sound interesting. But I am curious why anyone would want less buttercream anything?!?! I say bring on the buttercream bumps, in fact, make mine a double bumpy cake!

proxy.php

Whoo-hoo! I may just have to leave work early. And a little something showed up yesterday that will be going in the box to Devin. Perfect timing.

Home now.... and guess what is waiting for me....

Well, like any kid, I had to open it up. My LOTH and kids are out for an hour or so, so it was a perfect time.

There were 4 wrapped presents and one unwrapped that I assume was for me. A wonderful bottle of Michigan Cherry Preserves. I love Michigan cherry stuff. My wife grew up there and we often get different things whenever we get over there.

Can't wait to give this a try.

Now, on to the wrapped gifts. It sure was a hard choice. Some of the clues left me clueless. No idea on a couple. Anyway, on to the presents.

The first one was called Chez Plumage! I couldn't figure it out for the longest time.

What do you know. A complete shaving setup. All stuff I have not tried before. A Feather Popular, 5 Gillette blades make in the UK (I don't know what they are), Shea Pre-Shave, Creme, and After Shave, and some Witch Hazel. Can't wait to give this stuff a spin.

I went back and forth on the next one. There were two that had my eye. But, I decided on this one.

Hmm, can I handle it. I was guessing a brush or brush handle, and what a wonderful looking handle it is.

I know nothing about it, but it sure looks beautiful. I think it's ceramic or porcelain or something. Also included are a couple tucks of blades, some Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Blacks. These are a welcome addition to my den.

If anyone knows anything about that Brush handle or about those Gillette blades from the UK, please let me know. I always like learning more about things I don't know. Here's a better pic of the blades.

Now, it's on to getting everything wrapped up and sent on to Devin. I hope to have it in the mail either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

Thanks so much for putting this together, KJ. It was a lot of fun!
I can't wait to see who gets my stuff down the road.

Neat stuff, Jeff! I believe they sell the Shea stuff at Target. Wondered what it's like, so please share when you try it out.

I just grabbed something with my RazoRock Stealth Slant order to add to my gift. I've got enough for two, so we'll see how what's in there strikes me, whether I choose 2 or not.

Also figured out my little somethin' extra for SullyBob. I checked up on him a bit round here and think I figured out just the thing.

Getting exciting watching you guys ahead of me and waiting as it moves along the list!

Top Bottom