What's new

Good, cheap'ish, easy to get aftershave?

Okay, I'm not in a position to splurge at the moment, but I'm getting a bit bored with the aftershaves I have.

Right now I own Pinaud Clubman, and Aqua Velva Blue. I plan to pick up some Old Spice for a change.

What are some other nice aftershaves that are easy to get and won't break my budget?

Note on bay Rum: I've seen this available, but I'm a little concerned about going to work smelling like booze. Does it retain that alcohol smell on the skin?

I have had good luck with Nivea products and the Proraso aftershave balm. Nivea seems to be easy to find at any superstore or drugstore. I have only used the balms, not any type of alcohol splash, due to my hypersensitive skin.

Cheers

Rich

Okay, I'm not in a position to splurge at the moment, but I'm getting a bit bored with the aftershaves I have.

Right now I own Pinaud Clubman, and Aqua Velva Blue. I plan to pick up some Old Spice for a change.

What are some other nice aftershaves that are easy to get and won't break my budget?

Note on bay Rum: I've seen this available, but I'm a little concerned about going to work smelling like booze. Does it retain that alcohol smell on the skin?

if you are referring to pinaud bay rum, smells much more like spices (cloves) than alcohol...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Brut a/s with aloe and shea butter is very inexpensive, lasts a very long time, and works pretty darn good.

Good stuff! Please keep them coming.

Ouch, I had been considering the Brut. Is that the a/s splash that has aloe and shea butter?

I haven't tried a balm yet either.

Don't worry about bay rum scent's lingering. I don't think there are many Bay Rum products, if any at all, whose scent sticks around.

If you Like Aqua Velva Classic, try the Sport Ice and Musk scents.

Old Spice is another inexpensive classic.

Also, you talking alcohol based splashes, alcohol-free splashes, or balms?

Along the non alcoholic route is stuff like Witchazel (all kinds of varieties and scents) and corn huskers lotion.

Along the alcohol-ased route there are the Booster products - Alcohol burn, some nice stuff for your skin (folks say not as good on the skin as AV) and a HUGE variety of scents.

Happy hunting!

if you like alcohol based splashes, I really like the Adidas line, and they are inexpensive. Smell before you buy, YMMV with all scents.

Brut splash just has a little glycerin and castor oil to moisturise- no shea butter of anything. Works just fine, I like it.
You could look out for Tabac, it's inexpensive, but it's excellent stuff. I mean really good.

proxy.php

Hey... I like Florida Water too! I once even found it at WalMart in the ethnic hair and shave product section. I've never seen it since I bought my bottle on sale for $2.00

Don't worry about bay rum scent's lingering. I don't think there are many Bay Rum products, if any at all, whose scent sticks around.

If you Like Aqua Velva Classic, try the Sport Ice and Musk scents.

Old Spice is another inexpensive classic.

Also, you talking alcohol based splashes, alcohol-free splashes, or balms?

Along the non alcoholic route is stuff like Witchazel (all kinds of varieties and scents) and corn huskers lotion.

Along the alcohol-ased route there are the Booster products - Alcohol burn, some nice stuff for your skin (folks say not as good on the skin as AV) and a HUGE variety of scents.

Happy hunting!

Corn Huskers does have alcohol

This may have been mentioned by others, but I really like Thayer's Lemon and my new favorite is the Ogallala line of bay rums (the only bay rums that I really like, btw). The lime peppercorn is particularly nice, but for more staying power, try the bay rum cologne. But, I'll usually let the AS wear off and put on a proper cologne anyhow.

get yourself some green Skin Bracer by Mennen. A classic, good basic after shave. Cheap as heck and available EVERYWHERE.

Well, I went to the local drug store with the intent of purchasing some Old Spice, but all they had were the larger bottles. Instead I picked up AV Musk, and I quite like it! It reminds me of Stetson(sp?).

I did see the Skin Bracer there and considered it, but I was a bit turned off to it. I hate to admit it, but it was the packaging. I mean, could it get any uglier and cheaper looking?

I don't mean to sound like a snob, and I was looking for lower priced products, but Mennen's packaging just SCREAMS dollar store. When it is sitting next to AV in a glass bottle with a nice painted logo for about the same price, I must admit I grabbed the AV first.

I suppose you could flip the coin and think maybe what AV spends on packaging, Mennen might spend on product. Don't get me wrong, I intend to try it, but the wrapper was a turn off.

Top Bottom