What's new

Cuts

I got my first shave done saturday, butchered the left half of my chin. It was a fun shave, and worked really well in the areas absent of blood. I was wondering how long do you guys usually wait before shaving after cutting yourself? The cuts are healing pretty decently, and I don't want to let the beard grow out too much before I shave.

You didn't state in this post but from your other post I am under the impression this was with a straight, if so when I nick myself with a straight if it is bad enough to require either bacitracin/neosporin then I either take a day off or use a DE for a day or two, otherwise if it is just a minor bleeder that the styptic pencil stops I generally just shave the next day pretty much as usual just being a little more carefull in the are of the cut.

I am sure others do it different but this is what works for me.

Unless I get a bad blade I almost never cut myself with a DE, that said next time I use one I will probably be a bloody mess :biggrin:

I find that I don't really get nicks and cuts with a straight like I did with DEs. Usually very superficial. Check it out in the morning and just take it easy - you don't want to rip it open!

Shave around it and don't open it up the next day. Be sure to mark it by removing a small bit of lather or you will go over it, again!:001_rolle I took me about 3 weeks before I got no cuts or weepers. It will come to you. Every once in a while I will get a cut but it is a small one. On the small ones what I do is really work the steptic powder in after drying and they will not show because you stopped the blood below the outer layer of skin and the skin will fold around it and it will heal very rapidly.

Take Care,
Richard

I got one nasty slash a few shaves in and just gently shaved around it with a disposable razor until it had healed enough not to open again. Mind you this was one cut and so easy to do - not sure how you would go with cuts plural. Might be no other course of action but to wait it out.

I also found that getting the styptic onto my cut helped it heal quicker and cleaner. As it stopped the bleeding and closed it up, there was no scab and it healed "flatter" if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom