What's new

Black Licorice Appreciation Thread

Who will join me in celebrating this much maligned, misunderstood, but marvelous culinary masterpiece?

I cannot understand the hate. Black licorice Twizzlers > cherry Twizzlers. The black licorice jelly bean? The best one! Same for the Necco Wafer.

Join me in the Dark (Black) Licorice Side! And post your black licorice recommendations.

The black licorice pipes that come in clear plastic sleeves. Love black licorice especially from the farmers markets in PA Dutch country.

I'm in. I love the long straps that you can roll up and eat like a gobstopper. A mouthful of licoricey goodness!

Is black licorice a thing in northern Europe? If that's true, considering I like snow and the cold, I might have to live there at some point.

I want someone to make a licorice ice cream. I don't know how it could be done well, but it could be done.

I love licorice, even the salted stuff!

$925p5m4bzm04cwwwo00sg8woc.jpg

As a kid, 55-60 years ago I used to get a lot of sore throat's and my father would come home with this hard licorice stick that looked like a tootsie roll and had the name of the maker stamped in it. Haven't thought of them in years. Was the only good thing about getting a sore throat, loved them.

An all time favorite of mine....While in the Netherlands I picked up a few salted packs,I decided salted was not for me.Most Scandinavian licorice has a swine fat gelatin base as well.I think if I could find a perfect black licorice,it would be made with real sugar and not corn syrup,there are a few good ones from Sicily,but I cannot remember the names...http://www.licorice.org/LicoriceFinder/licoricefinder.htm

Mike H

Instagram Famous
If an adventurous soul was to browse amazon.com for a small bag of salty licorice, what would you recommend?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You sir have no taste :lol:

Besides, were not alone ... the Scandinavians love their double salted licorice as well.

I don't care for licorice in general, but you guys got these toffees right.

Attachments

• $van_melle_advocaat_toffees.jpg
    $van_melle_advocaat_toffees.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 154
so you guys all know about Sterling anise shave soap right? Not only for BL fans but an incredible soap on it's own for $5.00

Top Bottom