What's new

Vintage Spencer Microtome Razor & Worcester Straight Razor Bought on the same Day!

I read a thread on this forum about the same size SPENCER LENS CO. BUFFALO N.Y. razor before buying one exactly like it on eBay just now for $23.00, shipped, (Lower Image). I therefore knew beforehand that is was a large razor and a microtome, but I didn't have one, just a lot of regular size vintage razors. Most from eBay, then I restore them, give my son several, and shave with the rest. I'm not sure, but I think the Spencer is hollow on one side and flat on the other, does anyone else know about that little bit of trivia?
The WORCESTER with leaves on the handle, (Upper & Middle Image) I also bought today off eBay for $17.94, shipped! That one was the good deal. It should polish up real good. I think I was the only bidder because the Tang was hidden in the handle and not visible in any of the pic's, but I'm not sure, just really surprised no one else bid on it. The blade looks full size, not much wear. The Spencer was a "Buy Now". I'm not sure about that big 'ole razor, except that the blade appears to be the same width from end to end as compared to the "spline line" but I will hone it and try it out even though it's not really made for shaving. I know that the blade itself is about 4 inches long and I'll probably be able to shave with 3 or 4 swipes like in the cartoons! I just need to be careful Sweeney Todd doesn't get a hold of it!:a41:
Z
(Images are eBay pic's since I don't have the razors yet)

Attachments

• $Worcester Straight Razor-10.JPG
    $Worcester Straight Razor-10.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 33
  • $Worcester Straight Razor-12.JPG
    $Worcester Straight Razor-12.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 31
  • $Spencer Razor-6.JPG
    $Spencer Razor-6.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom