What's new

A/S for sensitive and oily skin

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew what would be suitable for my skin type. My skin is quite oily but is also very sensitive. I am looking for a balm for using after shaving.

I was using my girlfriend's moisturizer called Apture that she got in Singapore which worked really well. It was very light so it was very easy to apply without having to really rub at my skin and was very soothing with razor burn and the like after shaving.

I can't get that anywhere anymore so looking for something that will sooth my sensitive skin but not be too moisturizing as my skin is already oily.

The Nivea Balms can still be too moisturizing if too much is used. Apply a bit while your face is still a bit damp with water. An alternative would be to just use Thayers witch hazel. It works well with sensitive skin while providing some moisturizing properties.

+1 on the Thayers...try the regular unscented with aloe. Usually available at Whole Foods and other health food / vitamin stores.

Witch Hazel. Very soothing to the skin, no moisturisers (if you have oily skin I assume you have plenty of these already), and quite astringent. It's odd aroma is very fleeting.

Also, I'd suggest that you try an alcohol splash at least once. If it irritates your skin (I'd be surprised if it did) or you can't stand the sting, it's worth a try to find out if you like it. I feared them for years, tried it and got hooked. Never use anything else now. Pick one with no glycerin, as some can be quite moisturising.

I always use a VERY small amount of ASB. Probably green-pea sized amount, massaged into a damp face. I have oily skin and never have problems with moisturizing products using so little.

Top Bottom