What's new

Wet Shaving Course London . not for the faint hearted wallet.

You don't even get a plaque, or certificate of completion to display? Plus you have to supply everything needed? You would think for that price they would at least have their own volunteers. No thanks. I think even for a great barber that price would be too steep.

I do hope you enjoy your day out on the town though.

You don't even get a plaque, or certificate of completion to display? Plus you have to supply everything needed? You would think for that price they would at least have their own volunteers. No thanks. I think even for a great barber that price would be too steep.

Just going to pop to Piccadilly and browse Geo Trumpers, Taylors of old Bond Street and any other that I can find.. then home ..

Look at the pictures, they hand out certificates. Given the price shops charge for straight razor shaves (the fancy ones, not the turkish ones) you get your initial investment back quickly. GFT charge 40pounds for a shave I believe. So you are looking at 8 shaves and you have your money back.

I thought it was a link to the certificate picture.. my bad !..
$IMG_0669_0_0.JPG

or you could hang out here for a bit read the wiki and based on all the I had a professional shave horror story's know how to do it right.

Look at the pictures, they hand out certificates. Given the price shops charge for straight razor shaves (the fancy ones, not the turkish ones) you get your initial investment back quickly. GFT charge 40pounds for a shave I believe. So you are looking at 8 shaves and you have your money back.

I don't know about England, but I'm pretty sure that in the United States, you have to be licensed by the state to do it for money, and you need a licensed location that meets health and safety standards. How long before you can make back that investment now?

I don't know about England, but I'm pretty sure that in the United States, you have to be licensed by the state to do it for money, and you need a licensed location that meets health and safety standards. How long before you can make back that investment now?
Right I think you are missing the point of this course. The point is for barbers to learn to shave people, and then offer it while working somewhere. Not that you open your own shop (although of course you can do that.
Even though it is a moot point, if you did want to open a shop here in the UK the following applies:
Here in the UK you don't need to be licensed as far as I know. You just need to have insurance, comply with health & safety laws, hire trained staff, and comply with small business laws (taxes etc...)

The point of the investment is that you as a barber can further your career. You can say you are trained in giving wet shaves, making you more employable and able to work at a greater variety of shops. Therefore you can still get your investment back quickly.

Top Bottom