What's new

Acquisitions Feb. 25 - March 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the Pic section as well.

Anyways, my mother gave me some old shaving gear that my Grandfather used back in the day, and I was wondering if anyone can give me any insight to how old this gear is. Or maybe a brief history of these items.

Sorry the pics aren't large or of good quality, but believe it or not, I am one of the few that do NOT have a digital camera as of yet! I used my phone to take these shots.

Razor: It says on one side, "Adolph Blaich with an arrow underneath those words and San Francisco." On the other side it says, "Sclincen Germany & an x with a design on it."

Hone: It's smooth & Dark Brown and on the bottom is reads, "Franz Swaty Marburg, Austria"

Strop: It says on the top, "Warranted Sea-Hog or Sea-Mog Brand" And on the bottom it reads "Belmont"

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now that I am so into this wetshaving fun, I was excited to receive a part of my Grandfather's history of shaving gear. Nice items to display in my shave den just for remembering him.

These razors wich I scored I wanna share with you and I have some questions.

The Slim adjustable and the Rockets are in a very nice condition.

The one in the middle is a Gillette made in England and sold in France?
It says on the upper part of the handle "IMPORTE D'ANGLETERRE"
There is a patent 3.29756-363892 the second digit is fainted.
I like to know wich model it is and how it may shave.

The fourth is a very heavy french razor (I bought the lot from France) marked CF cs

On the right a german slant razor EMPOR drgm

I couldn't find any info about the last two, any is welcome.

Trumper Rose shaving soap
DR Harris Almond shaving soap

I made a trial lather with both of them and they are definitely keepers. I'm not really big on Almond but I like this one. It has a very nice, spicy scent. :smile:

Don, I haven't seen everyone's complete collection but out of what I have seen, you have easily the prettiest collection of straight razors. Makes a guy just wanna start stropping something.. :lol:

SWMBO provided me with a couple tubes of C&E Nomad Cream, a bowl of Sienna, a C&E Best Badger and stand. I purchased a sample pack from westcoastshaving and a 1960 Fatboy. :biggrin:

My Tub of QED Violetta arrived from a member of this forum today. I opened it up and the scent hasn't overawed me yet, but I will reserve judgment until I shave with it tonight. I also got me some samples of 1805 Cream and the full ultimate comfort line from T&H

Cheers,

From Sue @ Saint Charles Shave:

Very V Shaving Cream
Very V Edt
Apricot Mango Shaving Cream
Verbena Shaving Cream
Lime Rose Shaving Cream
Cranberry Crush Shaving Cream

Well I had been saving myself for the B&B Essential (I'm still getting one!!), but I just happened to be at the Galleria today which just happens to have a C&E. Plus you can never have too many brushes right? And I couldn't leave without one of their shave soaps. They also just happen to have a Body Shop there so I decided to try out their shave cream. :biggrin:

C&E BBB
C&E Sandalwood shave soap
The Body Shop shave cream

spiffy

1940's Milord
proxy.php

A "New" - don't know how to determine a year on these...
proxy.php

A3 1955 Red Flare Tip
proxy.php

M4 1967 Slim Adjustable - acquired from razorcat
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom