Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Both with cases.

Nice.

The one with Balhandle, and copperish color, made in england?
I have one that looks very similar, have you found out what it is?, age?, model?

The red personna packages you got, is that the socalled red ip's?, I'm waiting for a batch of those, just hoping that I didn't buy yet another batch of the blue ip's.. :D

Hm, okey?.. This I think is too much, this is my week:

View attachment 17411

(Soaps from Mamabear, some fatboys, slim adjustables, superspeeds, two schicks, two Gems, 200 wilkinsons, 130 Feathers, Merkur Slant, Edwin Jagger black cup, Proraso preshave, Proraso cream, Antony sport preshave, Gillette Lady, Tony Miller 3" strop, many gillettes in boxes..)

And then I have more, I got DMT D8C, D8E, Norton 4K/8K, Chinese 12K, Shaptop 16K, Belgian coticule, Blue stone, and a zippo :D

THAT I agree on.. and the post-office understand little.. got 9 packages on wednesday, 5 today, guess there is something tomorrow also.

[edit: had to add the picture again]

Now that's a haul!

Looks like someon has the bug - BAD!

It could be intervention time. :biggrin:

Intervention, no way - just sets the bar higher for the rest of us!

Seriously though, its interesting how your purchasing patterns change with time. When I was a newbie, I bought tons of soaps, creams, razors, blades, strops, stones, etc... Since then, I've trimmed the heard (still need to sell of some straights) and slowed down considerably.

4 10-packs of Gillette Bleue Extra blades. 2.50 EUR each. I can get these around the corner from now on, so no more Derby's or Feathers for me.

Intervention, no way - just sets the bar higher for the rest of us!

Seriously though, its interesting how your purchasing patterns change with time. When I was a newbie, I bought tons of soaps, creams, razors, blades, strops, stones, etc... Since then, I've trimmed the heard (still need to sell of some straights) and slowed down considerably.

I'm hoping this will pass.. :D

I've got this rash for less than two months, now I have 40 razors, 4 straigts (one in the post yet), over 2000 blades of 11 different types, 2 types preshave, 11-12 types shaving creams, 7 types shaving soap, 5 types of afterhsaves, 7 different hones, etc.

I'm new on pre-shaves now, just bought the proraso pre/post, and antony sport preshave oil, trying to find out how to use that.

4 10-packs of Gillette Bleue Extra blades. 2.50 EUR each. I can get these around the corner from now on, so no more Derby's or Feathers for me.

10 packs?, is that swedes?, I was in sweden for i little ago, and had to pay over 4 EUR for one 5 pack of swedes there.. and here in norway I have to pay the equivalent of above 6 EUR for the same..

Thank god we have Wilkonson and Feathers..

Red Imp 11/16 w/ bubinga wood scales from Amyn (as is the picture).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, okey?.. This I think is too much, this is my week:

(Soaps from Mamabear, some fatboys, slim adjustables, superspeeds, two schicks, two Gems, 200 wilkinsons, 130 Feathers, Merkur Slant, Edwin Jagger black cup, Proraso preshave, Proraso cream, Antony sport preshave, Gillette Lady, Tony Miller 3" strop, many gillettes in boxes..)

And then I have more, I got DMT D8C, D8E, Norton 4K/8K, Chinese 12K, Shaptop 16K, Belgian coticule, Blue stone, and a zippo :D

Wow, that is some score. Nice. :)

I actually ordered/received more stuff and will post when all shipments have arrived. I don't feel quite as "bad" now, after seeing your haul.

Good day today....picked up all of these at 1 antique store....

proxy.php

(Left to Right, Top to Bottom)
Schick Band Razor
Techmatic L2 1966
GEM
Gold Tech
Schick Dial Injector
Red Flare Tip B2 1956
Red Flare Tip C1 1957
Schick I2 1963
Flare Tip F3 1960
NEW
Slim Adjustable K2 1965
Black Handle Flare Tip O4 1969
Long Black Handle Super Adjustable A1 1980
Christy

With a total cost of $44.91 - nothing wrong with that!! :w00t:

~$45 for all that is a great find, and all in one place no less. Congrats.

I got a C&E BBB today in the mail. It came in a 13" x 11" x 5" box. I thought the packaging was a tiny bit on the excessive side. I'll spare you the photo, it'll be in my SOTD.

After a week in Rome, I ended up with this. Not sure if this counts as wildly indulgent or too-disciplined.

the knife (top of photo) was a matter of necessity. We had an apartment and both knives were too dull to cut butter. There is a cool story behind it, though - I searched for knives but didn't know the proper name for a knife until I asked for one in a supermarket - the stockist I was talking to gave me a blank stare, and a young lady called it a Coltello. Well, the next morning I'm sipping cappuccino and see a Coltelleria right across the street manned by an 80-year old man who also had straight razors for sale (nothing I couldn't live without).

I picked the Victorinox and he sharpened it. I thought he ruined the edge, until I started cutting tomatoes. Holy cow. They fell apart. The man knew knives.

Did you pay only 2EUR for one tub of proraso????
Guess I have to go to italy soon...

Yep, it was the 150g tub, too. The Prep was 1.90 EUR for 150g, and it's comparable in quality to the Proraso, with less menthol.

Prices do vary, though. Some supermarkets and perfumaries had it as high as 3.20 EUR

wow, I have to pay 12.3EUR for one tube of proraso, I found one on ebay for GBP 4.99 though.
And the pre/post I paid GBP 7.49..

I guess we should maintain some shoppinglist somewhere, so we know where to go for vacation. I guess there should be enought to lure the swmbo off to, while stocking upp on shaving supplies.

The other two brands, the black one (is that Prep?) and Marvis, are those specific to italy?, Or do they sell foreign stuff cheaper also?

Nice.

The one with Balhandle, and copperish color, made in england?
I have one that looks very similar, have you found out what it is?, age?, model?

The red personna packages you got, is that the socalled red ip's?, I'm waiting for a batch of those, just hoping that I didn't buy yet another batch of the blue ip's.. :D

asbjorn,

The ball handled razor is a Gillette NEW, they both are. I am not sure what you mean by "red ip's?". They are the the ones made in Isreal if that helps.

Went antique store shopping today and picked up a few razors, then after i went to my grandfathers for his birthday supper and told him about my day and lo and behold he gives me two more. The ones from my Grandfather are the two in the bottom left. D1 SuperSpeed and Schick Injector. Very happy about that as now I have a couple family heirloom kinda deals.

proxy.php

I am not sure what you mean by "red ip's?". They are the the ones made in Isreal if that helps.

I'm not quite sure myself :), but some refer to "blue ip" and "red ip".

I bought some IP in boxes, 100 in each, which have white/translucent paper with blue text, I guess that is what some refer to as "blue ip", I just hope that the red packages you have does not look the same on the inside..
Well, I guess I find out to the week, when I expect my blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom