What's new

help to purchase razor

Wh type do I purchase? Where? How much? I have no clues, after looking at the site looks like there are some experienced folks who can help me. Thanks in advance and I will let you know how I make out. Ed

Wh type do I purchase? Where? How much? I have no clues, after looking at the site looks like there are some experienced folks who can help me. Thanks in advance and I will let you know how I make out. Ed

I have tried many types of razors since I started wet shaving last year. In fact, I own about 20 or so razors right now. But my go-to razor has become the Merkur HD Long Handle. I bought mine from www.classicshaving.com. I highly recommend this razor, as it is hefty and has very good balance. Since buying it, I hardly ever use any of my other razors.

it is kind of user dependent. as mentioned before, a merkur hd or classic is a great all around razor that is inexpensive. i started off with a merkur and then started buying gillettes superspeeds on ebay because i liked the butterfly doors. though i will still shave with the merkur every now and then, i prefer the superspeeds. so in conclusion, i would say start with a merkur and then if you still have the urge (you will!!!) get another kind and try it out until you are sold on one.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Welcome to B&B! Are you thinking of gettng a straight razor or a DE?

Top Bottom