What's new

What do you do for a career? Why do you shave everyday?

I was just curious to what you Gents do for a career? A lot of us shave because of our jobs. I used to hate shaving. I work as a Registered Nurse and feel that a clean appearance each shift makes me look more professional and vibrant. Plus that shave routine before my evening shift gives me a moment of self-reflection. Love this hobby with a passion! Let's Roll!

Kind regards,

Kirk

I sell car audio and any electronics that make your drive more enjoyable. I shave because I enjoy it and I'm determined to master the art of wet shaving with a double edge razor. I get good shaves now but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Computer Programmer here. I shave everyday (all areas excluding my extra short Ahmish style beard sans moustache) because I grow facial hair QUICKLY!

I'm a Paramedic with two full-time jobs. I don't shave every day, but I do try to be clean-shaven for every shift at my department. I enjoy my languid, luxurious shaves because it gives me time to decompress and get in the proper mindset for the day. It's rather funny, actually- my department has instituted a mandatory morning shave for purposes of hygiene and professional improvement. Here you have a line of nine guys standing at a sink with buzzing electrics and me on the end with brush and straight razor. One of the firefighters told me once that he couldn't believe I don't slice my face open. My reply: "That's why I get to play with needles.":lol:

Here you have a line of nine guys standing at a sink with buzzing electrics and me on the end with brush and straight razor. One of the firefighters told me once that he couldn't believe I don't slice my face open. My reply: "That's why I get to play with needles.":lol:

Love it! Send us the pic, BadMedic!

I am a Systems Administrator for a Medical Management Corp. I should by all conventions look like a hermit with a Mountain Dew stained shirt & a 7 day growth of beard. I have always shaved every day just due to the way I was raised ("Look your best every day"). Since I changed over to DE shaving from electric I have fallen in love with shaving. Most of my users are either Doctors or Corporate Management types it doesn't hurt to look spiffy & clean shaven every day! Now if I could get past the gnawing desire to troll websites for shaving gear and save my money I might be able to retire one day!!

I don't shave every day. As a matter of fact, I might go for 3-4 days without shaving. I'm a QC inspector for a steel fabrication company and don't deal directly with customers, so my appearance doesn't matter during the week. The weekends are a different story, though. ;)

I work in retail and it's one of the rules that men be either clean shaven or have well groomed facial hair. However a couple days stubble is ok, the only time I saw it be an issue was with a guy who looked like he hadn't shaved in a week. Personally I enjoy shaving and like the clean look, but usually shave the night before work since my shift starts so early.

Engineering professor

I keep a beard the majority of the year, but keep it trimmed and shave the cheek line and neck. Used to shave only 2-3 times per week since the beard gave a contrast with my skin and the stubble wouldn't look too bad until a couple days after shaving. Liked the idea of wet shaving and being able to hand it down to my son, plus helping ease razor burn and ingrowns. Since I received my DE86 for Christmas, I've only gone 3 days without shaving. I've come to enjoy the process and my complexion has improved.

I'm a Fuel Oil Blender and also do Operations/Logisitics for a Oil Distribution company in the New Orleans area. Fairly boring but stressful 24/7 job. But if you ever have taken a cruise from the New Orleans port, chances are the ship's fuel was made by me and my co-workers.:lol:

I don't usually shave everyday. Honestly I grew my facial hair out for over a month and nobody cared. But I am starting to enjoy it more and more by every shave.

Last edited:
Sports coach. Got to keep a professional appearance as parents don't want their children being taught but some ragged guy and also in the schools I work at the teachers tend to be clean shaven as a rule. And I just enjoy it.

Owner of a family run real estate management firm. We manage rentals and having a clean face every day the last month has honestly helped me to deal with people face to face. A good shave seems to scream "don't lie to this guy, looks like he knows what he's doing" to our average customer.

I've won every knife fight since Xmas, and the only change has been DE shaving.

Top Bottom