What's new

My new homemade aftershave.

D

doleeo

Well, I've read how Corn Huskers Lotion is similar to Trumpers Skin Food, so while at the grocery tonight I picked up a bottle.

I decided to mix in some Nivea Sensitive balm, Thayers aloe witch hazel and a tiny bit of Ogallala bay rum for scent.

I'm getting ready to jump in the shower and shave so I will report back how it performs here in a little bit.

Has anyone else tried something similar?

For my face the Nivea and Corn Husker's Lotion would be to thick and oily so I usually mix some Corn Husker's Lotion and AV. I haven't added Thayer's for the one shot deal but I use Thayer's prior to the above mentioned combo. I am really happy with the results too.

Exact same stuff as trumpers basically. Works wonders just dont used to much and much better price...key is the glycerin

My custom aftershave is Thayers Aloe Witch Hazel, Glycerine and Peppermint and Lavender EO's.

How much of each do you use?

I have some glycerine; but cannot find a recipe for how much to use; or can i simply sub the same amount of aloe vera gel as glycerine?

How much of each do you use?

I have some glycerine; but cannot find a recipe for how much to use; or can i simply sub the same amount of aloe vera gel as glycerine?

I basically just squirted some into the thayers bottle :blushing: probably 4 tablespoons?

Top Bottom