What's new

Newbie Progress

Ok....I've racked up my 4th DE shave using a Merkur 38C, Merkur Blades, Vulfix #2234 and Taylors Lavender Shave Cream.

They are getting better...well apart from the second one where I ended up looking like I'd gone 12 rounds with Edward Scissorhands....but last nights one was excellent. Zero irritation on the neck..... cheeks and neck ubersmooth....the only trouble spot for me appears to be below just below the jawline but I guess that will get better with practise.

Currently doing one pass WTG and a pass ATG, I'll probably throw in a XTG pass with the next one. I've also got a West Coast sampler pack on the way so I'm looking forward to trying some different blades.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Nice to see things are coming along nicely for you. Try turning your head to the side opposite the one your shaving, tilting back slightly, and pull on your already shaved skin to help with the jaw line. Everyone has a trouble area at one point. Just have to keep at it to find what works for ya. Good luck.

Ohhh yeah...

Pre-shave routine consists of a shower, some conditioner on the beard, hot towel for a couple of minutes and then way I go.

Post Shave.... cold water, pat face dry and then some Nivea after shave balm.

Looks like your learning curve is short -- good for you! Just keep that concentration up and great shaves will be a daily pleasure. Keep us posted on how it's going, and welcome to B&B.

Top Bottom