What's new

Favourite Irish?

I really need to get some Redbreast next time I want to get some Irish.

I hear raves about it.

Knappouge Castle for a regular tipple, Shannahan's at the steakhous or Locke's for an indulgence.

But in reality, I'm Irish Ill drink anything.

Last edited:
Haven't worked my way up the Irish Whiskey ladder yet. So far I've really only had Jameson and 2 Gingers. Usually mixed with some Ginger ale, though occasionally straight.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm generally a Tulamore Dew fan, but I look forward to trying Knappouge Castle, Redbreast and Paddy.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
It's Jameson for me and it is an awesome, super smooth triple distilled whisky (straight,'on the rocks' and/or mixed...with a Cuban cigar),......simply bliss!!! :thumbsup:

proxy.php

proxy.php
"Jameson...the Irsh Cognac of Whiskey". CBJ

I am not a regular drinker of whiskeys but my father-in-law really enjoys Irish whiskeys and my wife drinks whiskey on occasion. They enjoy Powers, Bushmills, and Redbreast. We usually give an Irish whiskey to my FIL as a Christmas gift. We'll have to try Tullamore Dew and look out for Green Spot.

Still working on this bottle of Tullamore Dew I got a few weeks ago. It's wonderful stuff.

I only drink a few nights a week and usually only one, so a bottle lasts a long time. I'm also working on a bottle of 100 proof Knob Creek.

Regular Redbreast is very good whiskey, and I see it on the shelf here at several stores.

However, the Redbreast cask strength is exceptional and my favorite Irish (with the exception of my lovely wife).

Unfortunately, the cask strength is not easy to find.

However, the Redbreast cask strength is exceptional and my favorite Irish (with the exception of my lovely wife).

Unfortunately, the cask strength is not easy to find.

Agreed. Even though it's a bit more expensive than the regular (which I like neat), adding a little water to the cask strength stretches the bottle considerably.

Another for Bushmills, considering i grew up close to the village i have to recommend it. Its the oldest distillery in the world i believe.

For special occasions Midleton is hard to beat!

This can be broken up three ways for me:

Peated :Connemara

Unpeated: Tyrconnell 10

Pot Still: Redbreast 12

Top Bottom