What's new

The worst DE blade you ever shaved with?

If I can call those blades- super-silver, locally sold. Just terrible, came along with razor, and heard things about it, made one little stroke than whole pack ended in a garbage bin.

A vintage Gillette blue...they look cool, but shave horrible.

Bingo! Just what I was going to write but you beat me to it. I'm sure they were fine when they were new, but they don't age well.

Among modern blades I used to think the Vietnamese Dorcos from the dollar store were bad, but I got one out again and it gave me 4-5 great shaves. I haven't found anything in current production that I couldn't shave with. Treet Blacks are mediocre, but I wouldn't call them bad.

Van der Hagen. They came with the razor. Major razor burn and many small nicks. So bad that I almost quit before I really got started.

I find it really interesting that Merkur blades are so bad even though people love Merkur razors. You would think that a company that sells razors would give you some decent blades?

What is the worst aspect? Are they simply dull?

I am tempted to try them just to see how bad they are.

Merkur blades work fine for me, and were the first blade that gave me a comfortable shave. I use others now because of the cost, but I still like Merkur.

I've always wondered why most folks get a terrible shave with these blades. How many of you guys have tried a Merkur blade in a Merkur razor?

Bloody Derby, I can't stand Derby, Derby this, Derby that and why can't Derby mow the lawn when I need a good shave.

Personna red is the worst for me and a tie for that one would be the Personna's that are available at the grocery store in the 10 pack dispenser. I use one and all the rest followed that one in the garbage.

I got my friend in to DE shaving and he was searching for a blade and we were both buying samples and swapping and he gave me one Personna Red. I thought that blade had eaten a cat because when I shaved with it I thought the thing had claws. It literally felt like the blade had teeth or claws as I was shaving you could feel the scratching and my face ended up raw afterwards. I told my friend about this and he asked if I wanted to try another blade, my response was "one was enough".

More that rank at the bottom that I have tried are Topaz, Shark and Wilkinson Sword from India. Perma Sharp from Russia but I actually hung onto a couple packs to try again in the future to make sure.

Top Bottom