What's new

Mmmm, fresh hops (Homer drool)

If anyone out there loves the aroma and taste of fresh hops, you may want to hurry to your favorite beer/ale supplier and see if they still have this in stock.
$DSC_0472_zps65c36159.jpg

It is hopped with fresh hops and designed to drink while fresh. It is a huge mouthful of fresh hops with a decidedly low proportion of palatable bitterness. This is not an ale to age, but rather to drink NOW! My local shop had two bottles left and I took this one and left the other, hopefully for a friend who will sneak in there and grab it before the years' supply is gone. It is not cheap, weighing in at $8.95 for a bomber, but well worth it.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/

I hate how this beer is brewed only 2 and a half hours away from me, and sometimes they don't release it anywhere in the state for sale. I guess they just want you to drive to the brewery instead.

I love an IPA with a grapefruity tinge to the palate. So, I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for the tip. Hope someone up this way has some.

I remember going to a home brewing supply and a guy came in with an ale he made with hops he grew. It was fantastic. I asked him when he made it. He said last week.

I just got a bomber of this in the mail from my brother in law. The last bottled version I had was the 8.02.12 and it was the absolute best beer I had ever had up until that point. I've had a few of the others on tap and I'm very excited to try this iteration of it.

As far people who like grapefruity hop taste and aroma, seek out beers with Citra or Galaxy hops. They are some of the most predominately grapefruity hops around. Sierra Nevada's Torpedo is brewed with Citra hops and should be incredibly easy to find in almost any grocery or liquor store in the country. :thumbup1:

This is one of my all time favorite IPA's! It is pretty readily available here in So Cal and very hard to pass up when I see it! Costco even carried it recently!

Just a side note, all IPA's should be drank rather close to their brew date as the flavor and bitterness of hops deminish over time.

Cheers!

I hate how this beer is brewed only 2 and a half hours away from me, and sometimes they don't release it anywhere in the state for sale. I guess they just want you to drive to the brewery instead.
They like to rotate what dates go to which states. I'm in Ohio and only get access to one in every three of the enjoy by releases. I try to grab at least one when they do come this way. Love this stuff!

Some great beers mentioned in here! Might I also note a couple beers that Victory Brewing recently put out: Dirtwolf and Hop Ranch. Also, Lagunitas Sucks is incredible as well.

Some great beers mentioned in here! Might I also note a couple beers that Victory Brewing recently put out: Dirtwolf and Hop Ranch. Also, Lagunitas Sucks is incredible as well.

Huge fan of the Dirtwolf and Hop Ranch. A serious one two DIPA punch from Victory. Very nice. Sucks is great as well.

Troegs also makes Nugget Nectar, a pretty decent citrus punch as well.

I once had a beer made by Dogfishhead that was green hopped; not sure if any of the ones mentioned are doing that or not, but you get a whole different taste of the hops like that.

So true. I am a fan of many of the hop-monsters and Sculpin is definitely one of them, but green hops add a whole different dimension, and I love the freshness.

I was sitting at the bar at Stone a year or so ago and the bartender told me and my buddy that one of their "Enjoy by's" was getting ready to be packaged. He had a few growlers that they had filled for testing and he brought us a couple of glasses to try. Pretty darned good.

Top Bottom