What are your nicknames/aliases?
James or Jim, mainly.

Where do you live?
London, England.

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Industrial Ironmonger.

What is your favorite shave setup?
For everyday face shaving, it's either Trumper's Lime soap or Proraso Green cream, a Merkur HD, with Lime Skin Food as a pre and postshave. For headshaving, i use a Headblade instead of the Merkur for the sake of convenience. I use an el cheapo boar Omega brush.

And by "convenience" i really mean "i don't have the time/patience/skill to use the HD." ;).

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Music - both listening to, and playing guitar. My tastes run the gamut from jazz (i'm a huge Coltrane man) and blues (pre-war acoustic and modern) to rock and punk.
I'm an avid reader. I love most things from the "Beat"-era, most music autobiographies, and Russian and French history.
I'm a fairly quiet person, and as much as i love heading to the pub with my pals - which i do on a disgustingly frequent rate - i'm equally as happy reading the paper while listening to BBC Radio 4.

Oh, and my favourite film ever is "Amelie." Possibly because i'm in love with Audrey Tautou...

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Not much to tell, really. I'm single and live alone on the border between East London and Essex. I have an HND in Philosophy and Theology and a BA in Conflict Resolution. I "fell into" ironmongery through my father and have grown to love it.

I'm also absolutely hilarious and an all-round amazing individual. Promise.

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Welcome!

By the way, Alice or John Coltrane? (or both?)

Mainly John, although i do love the way Alice plays piano. I have to confess that i'm heavily biased towards "blown" jazz as opposed to the "keyed" variety, mainly by virtue of growing up listening to my father's record collection (lots of sax and trumpet), but it's a genre of music i'm trying to get into. I think i speak for a lot of guitarists when i say that piano's/keys intimidate me greatly, so perhaps that's why i've resisted up until this point.

Top Bottom