What's new

Why do I even have anything else?

"Wow, this is great stuff! Why do I even have anything else?"

Like most of you guys, I have several soap options to choose from and no organized method for deciding which one to us in a day. As is bound to happen, once in a while I'll get stuck on one soap for several shaves, which for me means a couple weeks or more with every-other-day shaves.

This particular phenomenon has occurred on at least three different occasions, with at least three different soaps, whenever I changed soaps after sticking with one for a while. Upon lathering up the new soap, I exclaimed to myself, "Wow, this is great stuff! Why do I even have anything else?" Then I used that soap for a while, changd again, and thought the same thing with the new soap.

For the curious, the soaps that I can think of that this happened with are Tabac, Palmolive Shave Stick, and Provence Sante Green Tea.

Has anyone else caught themselves doing this or something similar?

My favourite soap seems to change every week, when I pull a soap off the shelf that I haven't used in a while. I find this soap so awesome, and wonder why I don't use it more often, then I go online and buy six more pucks, 'cause I gotta stock up. I've got enough soap to last past my 100th birthday! What can I say, it's a disease, I need some sort of 12-step program or something...

I always think this when I use MWF. I get terrific shaves with it.

I do think experimenting is good as this is who I discover new good stuff ( I shaved with Godrej for 20 yrs before trying Cella) - but I find my SAD can't really be rationalized.

For this reason I've started to find the 3017 philosophy very attractive. Now if only I could bring myself to start doing it! Hopefully 2014 will be the year that calms my SAD down.

Mrs Galaktus say she has "Attention Deficit Ohhh,Shiny" syndrome. ADOS for short. We have it too. Attention Deficit Ohhh, Soap..."

I have the same disorder when it comes to DE razors, but not so much with soaps.

Whatever razor is currently loaded up with a blade is the best DE razor in the world; I should sell all the others. But then, a few days later, I load up a different razor. Then it's "What was I thinking last week? This is the greatest razor in the world; I should sell all the others."

it's a disease........

I have the same disorder when it comes to DE razors, but not so much with soaps.

Whatever razor is currently loaded up with a blade is the best DE razor in the world; I should sell all the others. But then, a few days later, I load up a different razor. Then it's "What was I thinking last week? This is the greatest razor in the world; I should sell all the others."

it's a disease........

That sounds about right. I use the VDH Shaving Soap, I like it very much. I just recently came back to using a brush and mug and a DE razor. :shaving: I find that using the set up I am using now I am not nicking my face at all, but knock on wood I will cut myself soon having said that.

Yes! Exactly!

Yes. Every time I bust out the Czech & Speake, Castle Forbes, Synergy and Haslinger. All excellent and an absolute pleasure every time. Only difference for me is I still want the rest, and I am always in search for that superior perfect product. :tongue_sm Madness I tell ya.

"Wow, this is great stuff! Why do I even have anything else?"

Like most of you guys, I have several soap options to choose from and no organized method for deciding which one to us in a day. As is bound to happen, once in a while I'll get stuck on one soap for several shaves, which for me means a couple weeks or more with every-other-day shaves.

This particular phenomenon has occurred on at least three different occasions, with at least three different soaps, whenever I changed soaps after sticking with one for a while. Upon lathering up the new soap, I exclaimed to myself, "Wow, this is great stuff! Why do I even have anything else?" Then I used that soap for a while, changd again, and thought the same thing with the new soap.

For the curious, the soaps that I can think of that this happened with are Tabac, Palmolive Shave Stick, and Provence Sante Green Tea.

Has anyone else caught themselves doing this or something similar?

I've had that phenomenom with all three of those soaps before ;D

I like using a new soap every time I shave- a menthol, then maybe a croap, then something spicy, then a classic, then... I love them all, and any that don't make the cut (no pun intended) get banished to pre-shave duty in the shower. My rotation is actually not that big- 6 hard soaps and a frankencroap. My razors, however, I could stand to pare down- 1 half-DE shavette, a hair shaper shavette, one or two straights, and 1 DE would be enough variety to keep me entertained. My brushes are pretty spare too- one boar, one badger, one synth. Aftershaves... That's a different question. I'd be perfectly happy with only AV Ice Blue and English Leather, but people keep buying me stuff...

Top Bottom