What's new

For Love of Aqua Velva.

The only beef I have with Aqua Velva is the dispenser. I get it all over the place. Besides that it is a Classic.

Trick I read on B&B... place your thumb over the hole when you splash it out... seems to avoid it going all over the place.

And to the OP... I like and use AV, AV Musk, Old Spice, and Brut (today) in my normal rotation. I occasionally mix in Nivea ASB and Stirling Vetiver (my favorite) as conditions call...

The only beef I have with Aqua Velva is the dispenser. I get it all over the place. Besides that it is a Classic.

I used to hate AV for this reason, too. However, someone gave me a tip one time about controlling the flow of the Aqua Velva bottle... hold the bottle the long way with your thumb and your middle finger on each side, and then cover the top with your pointer finger. Hold your left palm out, then turn the bottle upside down over your palm with your forefinger still holding the contents inside. Then, lightly release your finger to let the AV flow... try it!

Used it this morning.

First rule of AV Club is you do not talk about AV Club.

That's what it seems like! It's like a guilty pleasure! Why should we feel guilty for loving it?

AV Club... commence!

Or should we call it "The Society of Unidentified Aqua Velva Enthusiasts"? SUAVE..... :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I used to hate AV for this reason, too. However, someone gave me a tip one time about controlling the flow of the Aqua Velva bottle... hold the bottle the long way with your thumb and your middle finger on each side, and then cover the top with your pointer finger. Hold your left palm out, then turn the bottle upside down over your palm with your forefinger still holding the contents inside. Then, lightly release your finger to let the AV flow... try it!

Hmm... I've never had a problem with the dispenser. I've never really thought about how I do it... I just carefully pour a quarter-sized amount on my palm and splash it on.

I picked up a bottle as my first splash aftershave. When I smelled it in the store, I was instantly taken back to my grandpa's house when I was little. If it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me!

I used to do the finger over the hole thing but with a little practice you can just tip the bottle over quickly and end up with the perfect amount in your palm. It doesn't dribble if you do it fast

I made my first shaving purcase of the year Monday, inspired by this thread.
Waiting on a prescription fill at the CVS I wandered over to the shaving section. Though, what the heck, how far wrong can you go for 4 bucks, and picked up a bottle of AV Ice Blue.

First sniff was so-so, second reminded me a little of Clubman, then kept getting better and better.
I may be a convert.

After seeing this thread and looking over others from the past, I've decided that the next time I go to Walmart I'll pick up a bottle of this. I'd never smelled it before that I recall, as my father seldom used or uses after shave. When he did, it was Old Spice original. However, I have to admit that I like the smell, though it smells strongly of alcohol on first smell from the bottle. Very nice though once it dries down a bit, I'd imagine. :)

Thank you. I wish we could all flood them with calls and emails as we did in the past. That was an interesting thread. Made them put it back into glass bottles, if I read it correctly.

I use their musk often, either alone or layered with something else. As the cheapest AF Im not to worried bout waste, the excess I rub on my chest (the Lass loves it). I would loin the Club.

If I had to, I'd be perfectly happy shaving with astra or persona red blades, arko, and finishing with aqua velva indefinitely. Very cheap, yet very satisfying.

Top Bottom