What's new

Traveling Slant - Try Before You Buy

The slant is back on the road again. The journey so far has been geographically favorable, coming and going to/fro an adjacent state to mine.

Using a 7 o'clock black, I had two ho-hum shaves, but the third one was very nice. I still can't figure out the mechanics of a slant.
I don't think I would buy this particular razor, but would be open to try a vintage Hoffritz before I rule them out. For now, I'll stick to my old Gillettes.

Thanks again Bob for breathing life back into this mission. May it serve you well NavyShave!

Edit: I never heard back from fwp, but maybe he could jump back in the front when he checks his mail next???

Last edited:
I'd love a try... put me at the bottom.
thanks

1. fwp3

2. NavyShave
3. smalldog27
4. nelsonic21
5. czbeme
6. Mojorisin35
7. chili Head
8. williaty
9. Scotchd
10. Mr. Daniel
11. FoolishMortal
12. Chrispy73
13. jwien20264
14. bobmsp
15. Edwin
16. MGShogun
17. Blaidth

1. fwp3
2. NavyShave
3. smalldog27
4. nelsonic21
5. czbeme
6. Mojorisin35
7. chili Head
8. williaty
9. Scotchd
10. Mr. Daniel
11. FoolishMortal
12. Chrispy73
13. jwien20264
14. bobmsp
15. Edwin
16. MGShogun
17. Blaidth
18. roadcykler

1. fwp3
2. NavyShave
3. smalldog27
4. nelsonic21
5. czbeme
6. Mojorisin35
7. chili Head
8. williaty
9. Scotchd
10. Mr. Daniel
11. FoolishMortal
12. Chrispy73
13. jwien20264
14. bobmsp
15. Edwin
16. MGShogun
17. Blaidth
18. roadcykler

19. vanhooglesnort

Gents,

I am so sorry for the very, very, very long delay. I have had some major health issues and deaths in the family. The razor was the last thing on my mind. I hope everyone can forgive me for holding this up for so long. Is forrestgump still next? Again I am so so so so sorry.

It's a brand-spankin' new merkur, 37c I believe.

Yes, it is a 37c and it appears new!

Thanks. Looking forward to it!

Hello all. I am very sorry for being the guy who has dropped the ball twice now. I can't say anything other than I am sorry. I have had some personal health issues to deal with. I would like to say that everyone here is incredible and I appreciate everything you all have done for me. I do have the razor and would like to pass it on to the next person. I see that fwp3 is next on the list. I will pm them and see if I can get this thing back onto the traveling path again. Again I am very, very sorry and ashamed.

I, for one, don't think you should be ashamed - especially about something that (in comparison to health issues) is relatively inconsequential. Things happen.

As an FYI, I think that fwp3 has been MIA recently. I think the plan was to keep him at the top of the list for when he surfaces. It will be great to have 2 razors in circulation. I assume that we'll just pass each razor to the top of the list (or second until fwp3 returns).

Best to you,
Bob

I, for one, don't think you should be ashamed - especially about something that (in comparison to health issues) is relatively inconsequential. Things happen.

As an FYI, I think that fwp3 has been MIA recently. I think the plan was to keep him at the top of the list for when he surfaces. It will be great to have 2 razors in circulation. I assume that we'll just pass each razor to the top of the list (or second until fwp3 returns).

Best to you,
Bob

Ok. I will message next in line then. Not a problem. Thank you for being understanding and I think having the two razors is a good thing. That way more people are able to give it a try in a shorter amount of time.

Ok. I will message next in line then.

I think smalldog27 is up.

1. fwp3
2. smalldog27
3. nelsonic21
4. czbeme
5. Mojorisin35
6. chili Head
7. williaty
8. Scotchd
9. Mr. Daniel
10. FoolishMortal
11. Chrispy73
12. jwien20264
13. bobmsp
14. Edwin
15. MGShogun
16. Blaidth
17. roadcykler

18. vanhooglesnort

It sounds like we're in a for a game of "slant leapfrog" - exciting!

Captain, sorry to hear that health issues have kept you down. There's not much to be done but to soldier on and muddle through as well as you can. Maybe a thread in The Clubhouse, if you're so inclined, would help you get some support and/or insight.

Haha yay for quicker turnover!!! I am glad to hear you are doubly ok Cap. Please do not feel ashamed it's not like you said I want to wake up today sick as hell so I don't have to mail out this razor.... lol.

Top Bottom