Welcome aboard!

Here's the current list:

1. tetraodon - holding
2. Brindle619
3. Mitretnuh
4. Lynchmeister
5. adrian jordan
Last: bobmsp

alright everyone, a little later than i thought for my first post on this razor. the first thing that comes to mind is obviously the slant, as well as the scalloping on the cap. i did my normal prep, hot shower, WSP mahogony soap, WSP earl brush, and a brand new astra SP blade. the cheeks and large areas was every efficient, smooth, and well balanced. the only unfortunate thing was the sunday i broke out bad, not sure if it was due to the razor or something else. i did get a couple nicks but only in already problem areas. areas such as my chin or upper lip, i detected really no difference. so far i like it. im waiting for my skin to heal and ill give it another whirl.

That's weird that your regular routine caused irritation. I wouldn't have thought that it would be possible for the razor itself to cause problems but who knows?

im not sure what caused it, i doubt its the razor, the few nicks i got today we due to not being familiar with the razor. i have some strange skin for sure, im only able to shave a couple times a week or my irritation is really bad. ill see what happens tomarrow to gauge my reaction, the razor is nice and i might drop some coin to get the maggards head.

im not sure what caused it, i doubt its the razor, the few nicks i got today we due to not being familiar with the razor. i have some strange skin for sure, im only able to shave a couple times a week or my irritation is really bad. ill see what happens tomarrow to gauge my reaction, the razor is nice and i might drop some coin to get the maggards head.
At the risk of asking a dumb question, have you tried an aftershave balm? Such as Nivea. It's a great product for a great price. They even have a sensitive skin option.

~ When in doubt...Post it in
Badger&Blade ~

At the risk of asking a dumb question, have you tried an aftershave balm? Such as Nivea. It's a great product for a great price. They even have a sensitive skin option.

Badger&Blade ~
yea ive tried the nivea balm, i had a reaction to it. my post shave is witch hazel, cold towl, and after shave. the issue was the day after i got acne bad.

yea ive tried the nivea balm, i had a reaction to it. my post shave is witch hazel, cold towl, and after shave. the issue was the day after i got acne bad.
What a bummer. Hopefully someone here can have a better suggestion then me then.

Badger&Blade ~

What a bummer. Hopefully someone here can have a better suggestion then me then.

Badger&Blade ~
no worries, im prone to acne after shaving i guess, it could have also had something to do with the party and such. but we will see

well today my skin is a lot better, i used the same soap, same blade, and everything, so im guessing i stepped out of bed on the wrong foot and forgot to light shave god candles in the correct order. i liked how efficient the razor was on the large sections and will look into them more.

I received the package this evening. My first impression is that this is a really good looking razor. I'm not sure how many faces this thing has seen but it's pretty immaculate. Kudos to the users before me. Also there was a nice surprise of a couple voshkod blades, a few feathers and a rockwell. I will be sure to add to that collection before I pass it on. My first shave will have to be tomorrow and I will post a review soon after. Thanks again [MENTION=103204]bobmsp[/MENTION] for being so generous with this beautiful razor!

Badger&Blade ~

It's been my pleasure. I was selfishly motivated - I was down on the list when the first one disappeared (for the first time) and I wanted to try it myself!

Anyway, here's the current list:

1. Brindle619 - holding
2. Mitretnuh
3. Lynchmeister
4. adrian jordan

Last: bobmsp

First shave in the books! Face is still burning from after shave. Have you guys tried the iced pineapple from stirling?.... holy crap it feels like you poured acid on your face followed by an amazing cooling sensation...but I digress..back to the shave..
When I first loaded the razor with a voshkod I thought wow! what an aggressive looking razor. It seemed to me that there was a lot of blade showing.I was wrong. It seemed to be noticeably more aggressive then my maggard or my gillete new but still a pleasent shave. I had a few days growth on purpose and was able to get my regular smooth shave in only a WTG and ATG pass. The razor seemed to mow through with no problem. I will say I got a few small weepers close together on the left side of my neck but I felt right away that it was my angle and pressure not the razor. All and all I really like this razor. I will get another blade in (probably a feather) for the next shave just to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Badger&Blade ~

So sorry guys. With the holidays and a crazy work schedule I haven't sent the razor. I forgot it today when I went to work. I will send tomorrow for sure. Sorry for the delay.

Badger&Blade ~

I received the slant yesterday. I gave it a try with a new Astra blade, I have been using a gillette single ring, and I do not find the slant to as quite as aggressive as the single ring. It was a good shave took me three passes to get it pretty smooth. How many days am I able to keep this before moving down the line?

Thanks for the chance to try this, Hunter

Top Bottom