3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight

Look at what was waiting for me when i got home! Week one is under way.
View attachment 409982

Good deal! Glad it got there.

I am curious about folk's blade experience. I tried it with IP reds and Astra SPs. I ordinarily consider those two about equivalent, at least for me in a Gillette Slim. But my experience was that the Astra SPs were noticeably superior in the slant.

I really have no explanation for that. Didn't make any sense to me aside from the old caveat YMMV.

Mikey

Update-
Monday, day 1:
I used a new Laser Ultra blade and my favorite soap, C&E Nomad. I did my typical 3 pass WTG/XTG/ATG shave. It was pretty close, I'd say DFS, but I got a lot of irritation on my neck.
Tuesday, day 2:
Same blade, soap, and prep. Only 1.5 passes today, two on my face and one on my neck, WTG only. Not bad results for only WTG.
Wednesday, day 3:
What a difference a blade makes! I received some Astra SPs from a trade with Toothpick today. The Astra was the only difference in my setup from the last two days. Today was my typical 3 pass shave and by far the best one I've had with the slant. BBS face and neck. I may even rate this as the second or third best shave I've ever had-BBS on my face isn't that hard but it's rare on my neck.

Hi all, i am removing my name from the list as i traded my r41 for a 39c earlier in the week and should receive it friday.

Enjoy.

1. Heron
3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight

I'll spare everyone the boring daily play-by-play of the last four days and skip to the results.

I look for two things in a shave: closeness and comfort. The slant definitely gives a close shave. However, it's not as comfortable to use as my other razors. So while I like the slant, it's not on my wish list.

Thanks again for making it possible for others to try it, gentlemen. It will go out to the next person tomorrow.

I would like to get in on this awesome opportunity. I don't plan to keep it a week though, all I need is a single shave and then it's on it's way. I'm on the fence right now whether to buy or not buy a slant, this is the perfect opportunity to help me decide.

Thanks.

I'd like to try it. Again I will only perform 1 or two shaves, so it will be out quick for me.o

1. Heron
3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight
11.76GTFan

Sign me up, I'd like a turn with this thing. I need to get some experience with more hardware variety.

"If you want to join, simply copy the existing list into your post and post your name at the end. As we go forward the list just grows and those who have tried the slant fall off the list. Simple."

I'd like to try it. Again I will only perform 1 or two shaves, so it will be out quick for me. I tried to fix the list.

1. Heron
3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight
11. Stol3n
12. Tacticalpanda
13. 76GTFan

I'd like to try it. Again I will only perform 1 or two shaves, so it will be out quick for me. I tried to fix the list.

1. Heron
3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight
11. Stol3n
12. Tacticalpanda
13. 76GTFan

Thank you, sir. I must've looked over the part about updating with our names.

I would like to get in on this awesome opportunity. I don't plan to keep it a week though, all I need is a single shave and then it's on it's way. I'm on the fence right now whether to buy or not buy a slant, this is the perfect opportunity to help me decide.

Thanks.

This was exactly why I wanted to try it when it was initially offered to me. I have a drawer full of decent fairly new and vintage razors, but no slants. I wanted to see what the fuss was about before dropping the bucks. Certainly it isn't expensive enough to break the bank, but my wife peers at my "piles of junk" with a jaundice eye sometimes, so I needed to justify it to myself.

I'm in the middle of trying to get my straight razor shaving smooth, and the slant was just complicating my life. While it is a very close shaver, getting a easy quick morning shave proved to be a challenge for me. Blade must be aligned just so or there's too much angle, etc. if you read through the B.O.S.S. thread all the tricks are there.

And if you get all the angles right, and hold your tongue just so, then it's really pretty darned good. I see why those guys rave. But I ultimately decided that my learning curve is going to the straights. I might visit the slant again next year. But for now I want my weekday morning DE shave to be as mindless as my cartridge days were. The slant takes paying attention, but when you do pay attention it delivers the goods.

Last edited:
"If you want to join, simply copy the existing list into your post and post your name at the end. As we go forward the list just grows and those who have tried the slant fall off the list. Simple."

Oops! :blush:

1. Heron
3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight
11. Stol3n
12. Tacticalpanda
13. 76GTFan
14. captaincaveman

Guys, glad the traveling slant is up and running and I'm glad the list has kept going. I haven't had much time to keep track of things lately. It seems every time I get on the forum lately I get sidetracked or more often my wife finds me in the easy chair fast asleep with the tablet on my lap. Guess I'm working too hard. I'll try to catch up on the whole thread tonight. I've got to go sort through a dozen PM's then I'll be back.

1. Heron
3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight
11. Stol3n
12. Tacticalpanda
13. 76GTFan
14. captaincaveman
15. Ender78

The Traveling Slant has traveled to me! I'm looking forward to shaving with it over the this long weekend. I will share my thoughts on it in a few days.

Paul

Ive tried almost very razor type but a slant so count me in

1. Heron

3. pbdc13
4. CartridgesAreADrag
5. Cacique
6. SyntheticEvil13
7. OKAllen
8. Efaden
9. BubblesTGB
10. Guzziknight
11. Stol3n