What's new

Need Help choosing a Hard Soap Brush

Gents,

After spending much time in consideration for a new brush, I have decided that I am going to give the new B&B Essential a whirl. It appears to be just as/or more dense than the simpsons pj2 which excites me very much so. I am also trying to get out of the minded set that super/silvertip = The best. According to what I have seen the B&B Ess. is going to be made of best/finest grade badger Hair which gives me an oppurtunity to try something with more flex.

Having said all that, I am curious about which brush you gents would recommend for hard soaps. I would love to try a brush that has that scritchy/scrubby exfoliating, action taking place. Wether it's best/super just let me know which one you thinks is the best regardless of price.

Gents,

After spending much time in consideration for a new brush, I have decided that I am going to give the new B&B Essential a whirl. It appears to be just as/or more dense than the simpsons pj2 which excites me very much so. I am also trying to get out of the minded set that super/silvertip = The best. According to what I have seen the B&B Ess. is going to be made of best/finest grade badger Hair which gives me an oppurtunity to try something with more flex.

Having said all that, I am curious about which brush you gents would recommend for hard soaps. I would love to try a brush that has that scritchy/scrubby exfoliating, action taking place. Wether it's best/super just let me know which one you thinks is the best regardless of price.

Scritchy/scrubby isn't a B&B Essential. You'll want a boar brush, a simpson chubby super, or the like for that.

not necessarily saying that I have to get a scrubby brush I just want something that is going to exfoliate very well.

My favorite brushes for soaps are Simpson Tulip 2, Rooney 1/2 Finest and Rooney Heritage Stubby. Of those, the most scritchy would be the Rooney Finest.

I recently purchased a Rooney size 1 in super to use as a soap brush and after only a few days use, I'm pleased with my brush choice. If it's exfoliation you're after, I would go with a boar, that's what I sometimes use. Lately though I use an exfoliating facial scrub (Nivea) in the shower before my shave and I don't feel the need to give my face a vigorous scrub down. Of course YMMV, this is just what seems to work for me. :smile:

A boar brush works great on hard soaps, and if you want scratchy, that's what you'll get! Its not like fingernails, but it isn't like a pillow either. I'd get a $5 boar brush from the grocery store and see if that's what you want. You might be surprised!

Austin

My recommendation is the Savile Row 3226. It has a large, dense bristle head of finest silvertip. It has a long, beautiful handle, not flashy but classic looking. I paid $135 for mine in Nov, 2006 - I don't know what they go for, now.

Tim

scritchy = simpsons 2-band super

There are probably less expensive alternatives for scritchiness but I would go with the super if you can spare the dollars

Top Bottom