What's new

Dude, I bought a box!

Another new arrival in the Baker stable of thoroughbreds.
Spotted a 7 day set on eBay UK last week. It was advertised as J Nowill & Son Sheffield but there was only one photo that had been successfully uploaded - all the others were invalid - so all I was able to see was the outside of the box!
I love a gamble so decided to drop some money on it after the fella selling confirmed that there was no rust or chips, cracks etc on the blades.
The box arrived today and it was in a terrible state - someone had lost the key and so forced the lock to open it. Thank God they did lose the key, I think the razors were probably only used for a few years and as such they are beautiful!
The box in the picture isn't the original, I had a nice one lying around full of MK32's so I decided to swap them. Being an Englishman there is something special about shaving with an English razor!
Honed one up and used it this morning (yeah, if you read the other thread I uses 3 razors today) and it has taken a lovely edge.
These ones are going nowhere!
All approx 6/8, numbered 1-7 on the spines and the scales are ivory with no chips (just one hairline crack on No1) oh and the wedge looks to be lead.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 320
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 320
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 319
Doesn't that feel dishonest though?
You basically robbed an old grand-ma by tricking her into giving away her late husband most cherished possession.
If your conscience won't allow, I can take that burden away from you. But of course, it would be wrong if you profited from the transaction, so same price?

Doesn't that feel dishonest though?
You basically robbed an old grand-ma by tricking her into giving away her late husband most cherished possession.
If your conscience won't allow, I can take that burden away from you. But of course, it would be wrong if you profited from the transaction, so same price?
I've still got the box they were posted in, I'll get them packed straight away. Oh and 1-3 already have jnat edges, didn't have time for the rest, hope you don't mind.

I honestly had in idea what they were like until I opened the box this morning. The seller missed out on this sale, for once I scored well within my budget.

Top Bottom