Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maggard's Razors

Default Maggard's Razors

Hi all...

On Saturday, I made a field trip to Maggard's Razors in Adrian Michigan. If you are ever in the area (about an hour outside of Ann Arbor), I highly recommend going. It is one thing to purchase great products online, but when you go to Maggard's they have a ton of stuff right on site. You can pickup and touch all of the razors, smell soaps…etc.

When I was there Cassie was in the shop and was super-friendly and really knows her stuff. I ended p with a new DE (Maggard's own brand), a few soaps, some blades, a sampler of pre-shave oils and a bottle of Cat-o-nine-tails aftershave. Prices were great too!!

Cheers.

Ron.
    Ron.

I don't want to be rich, I just want to be loaded.

Hi Ron, maybe you got a glimpse of my Wade & Butcher straight that's waiting in line to be restored.

The waiting is killing me.
    Best regards
    Visit my shop www.VintageScent.com for Semogue brushes, straight razors and more.

Default Maggard's Razors

I always thought Maggard was exclusively in Canada. Interesting to know they've got a location stateside. I might have to check them out some day, just as long as this Buckeyes fan doesn't have to get too close to Ann Arbor. ;-P
    Blood - Nature's Shaving Lubricant
    2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Failed
    Tamer of the B.E.A.S.T.

Ordered my first DE gear from them. Insanely fast shipping and products.
    -- Albert --

They are based in Adrian, Michigan and live and work there.

Ron-I am envious of your trip to the store! Casie & Brad are great folks to deal with!!
    Last edited by Bobcat; 01-20-2014 at 10:24 AM.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Hi Ron, maybe you got a glimpse of my Wade & Butcher straight that's waiting in line to be restored.

The waiting is killing me.
    I've got my military barber great grandfather's Dubl Duck Gold Edge waiting in line for a restoration. Can't wait. It'll be my first straight razor shave.

Maggards appears to be trending a bit at present - are they new? why the sudden interest on B&B? up until recently I'd never heard of them before.
    Mark - dome Gem G-Bar - face Progress 510 - seeking 3 pass perfection since 10/2012
    TLC - BOSS - BOSH - OGA - Cult Of Arko - LOSER - HLC founder - RAD sufferer (in semi-remission) - dude

Quote Originally Posted by chilliman64 View Post
    Maggards appears to be trending a bit at present - are they new? why the sudden interest on B&B? up until recently I'd never heard of them before.
    More of just discovered. It's a local business, legit and honest people who make a good living. It's also a husband and wife, they do great work together. Their razors are affordable yet solid. The M1, at just $16 is fantastic..

It's some good, fairly priced gear.
    -- Albert --

Default They are recently new to me too

Quote Originally Posted by Alber t View Post
    More of just discovered. It's a local business, legit and honest people who make a good living. It's also a husband and wife, they do great work together. Their razors are affordable yet solid. The M1, at just $16 is fantastic..

It's some good, fairly priced gear.

I had not heard of them before until I came across a posting on Reddit where someone was saying they were going to the store in Michigan. This caught my attention, so I checked out their site….and subsequently decided to go to their store in Adrian.

I have to say that it was great to see all of the stuff in person and to be able to smell the complete Trumper line of items. They focus a lot on soaps instead of creams (it appears) and I picked up a couple of pucks of Petal Pushing Fancies soap, along with the other things I bought. I definitely intend on visiting again.
    Ron.

I don't want to be rich, I just want to be loaded.

Images

Great people and brad has been restoring razors for a couple years now

Nice folks, Cassie and Brad. It's always a treat opening their packages to find little goodies they pack in extra.
    Careful with that axe, Eugene!

Quote Originally Posted by chamm View Post
    I always thought Maggard was exclusively in Canada. Interesting to know they've got a location stateside. I might have to check them out some day, just as long as this Buckeyes fan doesn't have to get too close to Ann Arbor. ;-P
    Amen!

Just found their site last week after mention here on B&B. Looks like a fantastic samples spot. And they sell empty cream tubs; TOBS tub works very well for my new MWF puck.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by chamm View Post
    To be honest, I thought the same thing at first! Their logo is what fooled me!

I bought a restored John Barber from Brad quite a few years ago. It's a great razor. I've still got it in my collection. It's good to see Brad take the leap into becoming a full time razor and shaving retailer. I hope he does well.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by pmaster View Post
    To be honest, I thought the same thing at first! Their logo is what fooled me!
    It has to do with the local high school.... The Adrian Maples

Brad has had his shop for a little over a year now and keeps growing. I did see the queue for restorations when I was there a couple of weeks ago :( Sorry guys but he is popular. And, he works full time at another job. Casie is busy doing inventory and shipping. They are good people. I wish I had more time to get over there and help him out on some of his restorations and honing...
    For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, Heb. 4:12

I placed an order with them today and expected it would be a day or 2 before shipping and 30 minutes after I placed the order it had already shipped and had tracking numbers! Now if only amazon could get with the program on my new razor.
    If your barber doesn't use Clubman Talc, you should find yourself a real barber.

Placed an order yesterday for a huge sample of blades. Great price and an hour later it was shipped!

Didn't know brad has a store. Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chilliman64 View Post
    I actually caught wind of them through the mustache and blade podcast that HTGAM puts on.